Veteran Financial Services

In an effort to make your transition to school as seamless as possible, our dedicated staff at Perry Tech has developed the following information to help guide you through the financial process:

Bring the following items to the School Certifying Officer (SCO) at Perry:
1.  A copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
2.  A copy of your DD-214 “Member 4” OR form DD-2384-1 (NOBE for Reserves or National Guard).
3.  Unofficial College Transcripts from all previous schools attended, regardless of completion.
4.  Joint Services Transcripts
    • Visit to access your joint services transcripts. *If Air Force, see the SCO for transcript request form or visit

Not sure which benefit to use? Explore your options and review eligibility requirements on

New VA Applicants
First time applicants must apply online at Application processing typically take about 30 days for review and notification. Your Certification of Eligibility will arrive via postal mail when review is complete.

Transferring Schools Applicants
Students transferring their VA Education Benefits to Perry Tech need to have complete the Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form online or paper copies are available in the Financial Aid Department. An updated COE will be issued via postal mail upon review of the transfer.

Veteran Spouse, Dependents, or Survivors Benefits
If you’re a dependent or surviving spouse or child of a veteran, you may qualify for Chapter 35 or Fry Scholarship benefits. To review eligibility requirements or complete the application, go to

If you’re a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard Reserve, Army National Guard, or Air National Guard, you may be eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR). Review eligibility requirements online at

Accessing your veterans benefits may be as simple as 1-2-3 and we are here to help you! If you have questions regarding education benefits for veterans or other veteran-related questions, please contact our School Certifying Official at or call 509.453.0374.

©2020 Perry Technical Institute Careers at Perry Tech Contact Policies


2011 W. Washington Ave Yakima, WA 98903 USA 509-453-0374