Employer: Tahoe-Truckee Sanitation Agency
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician I/II/III
T-TSA is seeking an individual eager to consistently support and adhere to Agency Core Values and is a demonstrated team-player. This position performs technical duties in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical and instrumentation equipment used in wastewater treatment facility operations within the Maintenance Department; and provides support to an assigned supervisor. Reports directly to, and receives supervision from the Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor. Performs technical work on a wide variety of electrical and instrumentation equipment used in wastewater treatment facility operations.
• Adhere to agency electrical safety policy for arc flash and shock protection when working near exposed electrical components.
• Operates process calibrators and controllers to configure, program, calibrate, and start-up plant instrumentation and control systems.
• Inspects electrical equipment, electronic systems and telemetry equipment for proper operation.
• Performs work at on-site areas, as well as off-site monitoring stations requiring the use of an Agency vehicle.
• Programs, troubleshoots, and repairs Variable Frequency Drives and other equipment.
• Installs new equipment and parts, including conduit and wiring.
• Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on plant instrumentation, controls, and electrical systems.
• Estimates time, materials and prioritizes jobs as required for various tasks.
• Performs confined space entries to service equipment.
• Assists, communicates with, and coordinates with Information Technology for troubleshooting of process controls and with Operations to achieve proper process control efficiency.
• Recommends upgrades for instrumentation and control systems; orders replacement parts for repairs as authorized.
• Maintains accurate maintenance records; completes reports and other documentation as required; enters and retrieves information electronically.
• Utilizes Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to track work orders, preventative maintenance and asset management.
• Creates, maintains and verifies instrumentation and electrical engineering drawings.
• Operates a forklift to transport, load and unload materials, supplies and equipment, as assigned.
T-TSA has a very competitive employee benefit package which includes participation in CalPERS retirement; 100% of Medical/Dental premiums for employees and dependents are paid by the Agency; Vision insurance is Agency funded; Premium paid for employee life insurance; Thirteen (13) paid holidays; Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA); vacation and sick leave benefits; and more. In general, most departments/positions at TTSA, work 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, equating to four 10-hour days.
Open Date: 11/14/2023
Close Date: Open Until Filled
Pay Range: E&I Tech I - $38.63 – $49.30/hour non-exempt (DOE)
E&I Tech II - $42.68 – $54.47/hour non-exempt (DOE)
E&I Tech III - $47.15 – $60.19/hour non-exempt (DOE)
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting an application, resume, and cover letter to Vicky Lufrano at [email protected] by end of close date. Please specify "Electrical & Instrumentation Technician" in the subject title of the email. A complete job description and application can be downloaded from our website at: https://www.ttsa.ca.gov/human-resources/pages/job-openings.
Contact Person: Vicky Lufrano
Email: [email protected]
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: $38.63/hr
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903