R10031143 Driver (Open)
Toppenish, WA (ASP) - Ammonia production & filling
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Fill Your Potential.
HAZMAT DRIVER: AIRGAS SPECIALTY PRODUCTS
Airgas Specialty Products is a leading distributor of anhydrous ammonia and ammonium hydroxide. ASP is seeking one experienced local Driver - CDL Class A with Hazmat/Tanker Endorsement to join our Operations team.
- Location: Toppenish, WA
-Schedule: 1st Shift (start time varies)
- Rate of Pay: $31.50/hr
- Overtime: Paid at time and a half after 8 hours daily
- Average Hours: 55 hours per week
-Layovers Required: 2-3 per month (hotel accommodation provided)
- Equipment: Class A Tanker (No manual restriction)
- Eligible for Benefits Day 31 of employment which include: Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance Benefits
- Safely perform SOPs specifically related to the handling of Anhydrous Ammonia/Ammonium Hydroxide.
- Communicate in person with customers regarding any SOPs.
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are correctly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain appropriate driver's license/endorsements.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours; frequent bending is also required.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must have basic computer experience (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary.
- Some overnight stays may be required on a limited basis.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required
- Drive Cam in trucks.
- No electronics/Bluetooth allowed.
- Zero tolerance for cell and electronic devices while driving an Airgas CMV.
- Airgas operates a modern and efficient fleet.
- Most vehicles are under 6 years old and equipped with driver-friendly technology, such as On Board Computers, collision avoidance technology, latest camera technology and GPS navigation.
Are you a MATCH?
- At least 25 years old
- Class A CDL with at least 2 years' CMV experience ' experience must be within the last 4 years, and tanker/hazmat endorsements are required before the hire date
- Graduation from an accredited truck driving school with a diploma will count as 1 year of the required experience
- No preventable accidents of any kind in the last 3 years
- No more than 2 minor tickets in the previous 3 years
- No serious violation ticket (speeding 15+, reckless driving, etc.) in the previous 3 years
- No suspensions of CDL in the previous 3 years except for "Failure to pay child support."
- No DUI in the last 7 years
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. or more
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
Application Method: Apply online https://airliquidehr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/AirgasExternalCareer/job/Toppenish-WA-ASP/Driver_R10031143-1?source=indeed
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903