Employer: Yakima School District
Directly Responsible To: Building Principal
· High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· School district experience preferred.
· Knowledge of general secretarial procedures.
· Skills in operating general office machines and computer software.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure; work independently with minimal supervision.
· Desire to be a role model and to interact positively with students.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationship with students, parents, staff, and the general public.
· Established record of dependability, flexibility, and strong attendance.
· Must demonstrate competency as measured through the Bilingual Test (English/Spanish).
Primary Function: Answer telephones and greet/direct visitors to the high school main office. Provide clerical support to school programs, students, and staff, to the school athletic director, as well as district, migrant and bilingual programs. Provide information concerning bus routes and issue bus passes to students.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
· Maintain variety of records, documents and files.
· Compile, create and process district, state and federal reports as required.
· Respond to inquiries from staff, parents, students and public agencies.
· Provide basic first aid and medical care to ill or injured students.
· Assist other personnel as may be required to ensure efficient and effective work environment
Expectations for Continued Employment:
· Employment is contingent upon passing a Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau Investigation fingerprint screening examination and background check.
· Maintain consistent presence at assigned worksite and regular work hours.
· Comply with all District policies and operational procedures.
· Must maintain punctuality and regular attendance.
· Complete SafeSchool’s online training in accordance with the Yakima School District.
· Obtain a CPR and First Aid Card if needed.
· Attend job specific trainings as required.
Application Method: Apply online https://yakimajobs.hrmplus.net/JobOpenings.aspx
Base Pay: $22.25 - $26.04 per hour
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903