Employer: Kaiser Aluminum
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB NUMBER: M9001
SUB-DEPARTMENT: Machine shop
Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance, including spouse and children (no payroll deductions)
$32.04 per hour
10 paid holidays per year
Vacation after one year (begins at 40 hours and increases based on years of service)
Supplemental leave (used in conjunction with Washington Paid Family & Medical Leave)
Cost Of Living Adjustments
Shift differential & schedule premiums (rotating shifts)
Birthday Gift Card
Monthly Bonus structure
Work clothing provided
Machinists are responsible for the set up and operation of all machining equipment. They use hand tools to fabricate, assemble, and repair plant equipment. They fabricate, repair and maintain tools, fixtures, and dies; grinds and sharpens machine tools and cutters.
The Machinists essential functions include:
• Reads and interprets blueprints, charts, and sketches.
• Knows shop mathematics and plans, layout materials and sketches lines to be cut, shaped, milled, drilled, or otherwise machined.
• Sets up and operates machines to fabricate and repair parts within very close tolerances.
• Does assembly work such as; washes, steam cleans, inspects and repairs by using various tools and equipment.
• Knows the mechanical properties of various materials.
• Does precision work on critical equipment.
• Grind and polish cylindrical and flat work to desired specifications.
• Saws and cuts materials to size.
• Operates various cranes and power trucks to place work, shafts, bearings, gears, etc., in and out of machinery and to move materials inside and outside plant.
• Inspects and adjusts guards and tool rests on grinders and pedestal grinders.
• Uses computer to update work orders as needed and to order or return material or parts to Kaisers Storeroom.
• Keeps required files and records.
• Assists other maintenance crafts, production employees, salaried employees, or contractors /vendors as needed to do job assignment.
• Maintains machine shop equipment by tool sharpening, equipment and tool repairs.
• PMs Machines, daily pre-op checks on mobile equipment, oils and greases all department stationary and mobile equipment as needed.
Other functions can include
• Silver soldering.
• Heat treats, tempers, draws, and case hardens metal alloys.
• Dresses and changes abrasive wheels and emery belts, etc.
• Layout and sheet metal forming.
• Non-critical welding and cutting torch work as needed to do job assignment.
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Online: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/2177007/KaiserAluminum/5000971930900/RTI.home?prc=RMPOD4#/
Base Pay: $32.04 /HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903