Recruitment Period: 10/17/2023 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
Salary Information: Annual Minimum Salary-$58,400-Annual Maximum Salary-$93,400
Hiring Range: $28.08-$36.49
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Pro-rated based on hours/week.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degrees of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Master of Arts in Medical Science, and Master of Science in Occupational Therapy enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit https://www.visityakima.com/.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day financial aid operations at PNWU. Oversees the implementation of activities concerning financial aid under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid and supports the overall department goals and objectives. Duties include data entry, management of the financial aid application and disbursement process, and participation in on- and off-campus activities. Requires a student/customer service oriented individual familiar with general university procedures, policies, services, able to assist any student, potential student, their families, faculty, staff, and university visitor at all times. Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic organization where you can manage a team through an entire process that underpins the service delivery of a mission-driven organization.
Essential Job Functions:
• Authority to make professional judgment decisions using federal and state regulations and university mission and objectives.
• Provide leadership in processes affecting operational functions, responds to requests from faculty, administration, and applicants for information regarding financial aid.
• Supervision of assigned personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution.
• Manage processing of financial aid applications, packaging aid eligibility, authorizing disbursements, and financial aid data; collaborate closely with academic programs in developing estimated cost of attendance and scholarships.
• Communicate with applicants and incoming students; counseling applicants on aid status and requirements by engaging prospective students at every stage of the financial aid process, with the goal of transforming prospective students into applicants, and applicants into enrolled students.
• Develop presentations and provide in group settings.
• Performs other related duties as assigned and based on departmental need.
• Required: Bachelor's Degree
• Required: 1-3 years of related experience for Assistant Director level
• Required: 3-5 years of related experience for Associate Director level, Additional education may be substituted for years of work experience
• Preferred: Knowledge of financial aid software systems such as PowerFAIDS, etc.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Excellent organizational and leadership skills; knowledge of the practices, procedures, and activities of a financial aid office and the systems that support the work; strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; superior oral and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases; ability to schedule activities and/or meetings
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Contact Person: Rosa Solorzano
Email: [email protected]
Application Method: Application online https://www.pnwu.edu/job-opportunities/careers-at-pnwu/
Base Pay: $28.08 hourly
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903