Employer: Pacific Northwest University
Recruitment Period: 10/19/2023 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
Salary Information: Annual Minimum Salary-$48,000-Annual Maximum Salary-$72,000
Hiring Range: $23.08-$28.85
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Pro-rated based on hours/week.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degrees of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Master of Arts in Medical Science, and Master of Science in Occupational Therapy enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit https://www.visityakima.com/.
Provides primary technical support to end users on a variety of issues, working in both Windows-based and MacOS environments. Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals and network equipment. Supports and maintains user information including rights, security and system groups.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responds to end user support phone calls, online and in-person requests by performing troubleshooting activities, problem diagnosis, and problem resolution on a variety of technology services and products.
• Performs re-imaging on laptops for deployment to new employees.
• Installs new software and/or upgrades; evaluates and installs patches to resolve software-related issues.
• Sets up or relocates computer stations, phones and IT-related devices as needed for new hires or staff moving offices.
• Logs all customer incidents, documents work completed, and tracks assigned incidents through to resolution.
• Performs other related duties as assigned and based on departmental need.
• Required: Associate's Degree
• Required: 1-3 years
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Skill in effective communication (both written and oral); skill in independent decision making; skill in installation, repair, and maintenance of network and/or computer hardware, software, and peripherals; skill in performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature; skill in current and applicable computer programming languages relative to the assignment; skill in problem solving; knowledge of computer and network operating systems; knowledge of customer service principles and practices; ability to maintain professional composure in emergent and crisis situations; and ability to operate relevant equipment required to complete assigned responsibilities for the position
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
For information about life in Yakima visit our PNWU page.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Application Method: Apply online https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/2023977
Base Pay: $23.08-$28.85 hourly
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903