Employer: Applied Control Equipment
Take control of your career at Applied Control!
About Us: At Applied Control, employees enjoy a collaborative, team environment where we celebrate success and recognize and reward accomplishments. Our expertise is backed by Emerson, a leader in global manufacturing and technology. With a team of highly skilled automation professionals developing unique cost-saving solutions for our clients in oil & gas, refining, power, life science, mining, chemical, food & beverage, and alternative fuels, we help the world run more efficiently.
We offer rewarding careers, comprehensive benefits, and a culture that encourages growth and development. Our benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, HSA and FSA options, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with employer match, 10 paid holidays, and starting with 16 days of paid time off. Our employees also enjoy our 9/80 schedule which allows for 9-hour workdays and every other Friday off!
Position: Valve Service Technician
This position's primary responsibility is to be a service technician for mechanical valves in the Rocky Mountain region based out of our Commerce City, CO shop. Job activities are performed both in an Applied Control facility and onsite at customer facilities, requiring travel. The Valve Service Technician is responsible for performing the repair and testing of a variety of valves. The job also requires the person to exhibit basic knowledge of codes and standards.
Key Job Elements
- Perform pre-testing, disassembly, cleaning, and assembly on various types of valves.
- Complete required documentation/paperwork related to Applied Control's QC process.
- Assist on local and long-distance field service jobs when required, which may include overnight travel.
- Practice good housekeeping to maintain an uncluttered, organized work area.
- Consistently apply OSHA and Applied Control safety rules and guidelines in all work activities.
- 1-5 years of service experience in PRV, isolation, and/or control valves
- Leadership skills, quality of character, trustworthy, and dependable.
- General mechanical skills. Prior service experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret various part drawings, customer specifications, and valve assembly and maintenance instructions.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills to communicate effectively with management, engineering, maintenance, & administrative personnel.
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent exposure to one or more unpleasant (noise, heat, dust, etc.) or hazardous conditions.
- Ability to work on tasks that occasionally produce a high level of mental/physical fatigue, performed under pressure, requiring intense mental application and attention to detail.
- Ability to always perform work in a safe manner.
- Must be reliable and exhibit acceptable attendance habits. Ability to work overtime and/or be on call if needed.
Combination of both shop and field settings, with occasional office work. This position may require evening, weekend and holiday hours, as well as overnight travel. Lifting up to 50 pounds is required on occasion.
Base rate range: $25.00-45.00 per hour
Work experience, industry knowledge, and unique skills will be taken into consideration when setting the base wage. Most technicians are hired with a starting wage between $25.00-35.00/hour.
Other compensation: Eligible for additional pay premiums and an annual profit-sharing award
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903