Employer: Applied Control Equipment
Take control of your career at Applied Control!
About Us: At Applied Control, employees enjoy a collaborative, team environment where we celebrate success and recognize and reward accomplishments. Our expertise is backed by Emerson, a leader in global manufacturing and technology. With a team of highly skilled automation professionals developing unique cost-saving solutions for our clients in oil & gas, refining, power, life science, mining, chemical, food & beverage, and alternative fuels, we help the world run more efficiently.
We offer rewarding careers, comprehensive benefits, and a culture that encourages growth and development. Our benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance with the premiums subsidized by Applied Control, HSA and FSA options, life and disability insurance, 401k with employer match, 10 paid holidays, and 16 days of paid time off.
Position: Control Systems Technician
Performs control systems preventative maintenance and upgrade services in a team environment and/or autonomously, often working directly with the customer, utilizing a hands-on approach. Primarily focused on deploying system hotfixes, cyber security updates and version upgrade services to maximize system uptime and reliability on DeltaV systems hosted on Microsoft Workstation/Server Operating Systems. Executes specific tasks from defined goals, sometimes without clear definition. Maintains consistency, adheres to project and department standards, utilizes appropriate tools while executing assignments, and provides proper documentation for work performed. Works within assigned technical scope, budget, and schedule constraints, with direct responsibility for results.
- Contribute to the growth and support of the automation installation base and enhancing the relationship of Applied Control with its customers through the lifecycle services for DeltaV products. Indicators include being specifically requested back for future work, having no significant negative customer feedback, having successful post-service audits, and receiving satisfactory work responses on customer surveys.
- Consistently communicates work progress and pertinent information regarding customers to the sales/services team to further enable them in managing those accounts by immediately communicating critical events, providing regular updates to the Service Coordinator and Service Manager during on-site assignments, and regularly updating Account Manager’s/Specialists in conjunction with site visits or when obtaining other useful information such as potential sales leads.
- Effectively utilizes admin time by completing certification path assignments, converting non-billable time to billable services by proactively reaching out to contacts in the customer base, and developing standards/procedures that are implemented across the group.
- Day-to-day technical support and help desk for customer contract support. Following triage, demonstrate situational awareness for escalation to senior engineering members or factory support as required.
- Perform Microsoft software installation, patches, upgrades, and preventative maintenance services for our many customers and industries.
- Support DeltaV hardware and software products installed at customer sites.
- Install DeltaV system updates and hotfixes for controllers, I/O subsystems, network hardware.
- Generate preventative maintenance reports, discuss findings, and propose recommended actions to customers.
- Design, build, and maintenance of virtual servers and server templates.
- Assist with DeltaV configuration and HMI graphic development.
- Setup, maintain and troubleshoot process control and plant networks as related to the automation system.
- Explore new opportunities with customers to assess needs for product upgrades/expansion and services.
- Share Emergency Call responsibilities with the Projects and Services team.
- Travel periodically to customer facilities within the multi-state territory served by Applied Control.
- Work independently and as part of a team while extensively interfacing with customers.
- Adhere to company and customer safety practices.
- A.A.S. in IT, Systems Administration, Computer Networking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Troubleshoot problems in a logical and timely manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows 7/Server 2008, Windows 10 LTSB/Server 2016 and Windows 10 LTSC/Server 2022.
- Experience with Dell workstations, servers, VRTX and HCI hardware infrastructure is preferred
- Strong knowledge of security patch management, backup, and recovery procedures
- Knowledge of active directory, group policy and script management
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, including DNS and subnetting
- Experience with or exposure to process automation systems including Emerson DeltaV Distributed Control System, PLC’s, HMI’s, SCADA
- Experience with deploying, managing, and supporting virtualization environments including Microsoft Hyper-V and Emerson’s Virtual Studio
- Understanding of OPC and DCOM
Working in an office setting or a manufacturing facility. Driving and operating machinery involved. This position may require evening, weekend, and holiday hours, as well as travel. Participation in 24/7 emergency coverage may also be required. Lifting up to 60 pounds is required on occasion.
Pay Range: $24.00-34.00 per hour. Most employees with 0-5 years of experience will be hired in the $24.00-28.00 range. More experienced employees with 5-10 years of experience will be hired in the $28.00-34.00 range. Prior relevant experience will be taken into consideration when setting the wage rate.
Other: Employees are eligible to receive additional compensation including overtime and an annual profit sharing award.
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903