Employer: Yakima School District
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Nursing Assistant or Health Care Assistant certificate
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Experience working with students of various ages in a health-related field is required.
· Knowledge of first aid procedures and practices, including active CPR/AED, First aid card.
· Computer skills preferred.
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
· Maintain confidentiality; establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with a variety of others in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, diverse socio-economic environment.
· Physical ability to carry and set up equipment.
· Record of dependability, flexibility, and strong attendance.
· Establish and maintain a professional and positive working relationship with students, parents, staff, and general public.
· Desire to be a role model for students and to interact positively with students.
· Must possess automobile and a valid Washington State driver’s license.
· If all qualifications are equal, preference will be given to bilingual (English-Spanish) applicants.
Primary Function: To provide assistance to and perform tasks delegated by certified school nurses. Assist and communicate effectively with school nurse in routine health services and to perform a variety of data gathering and clerical activities.
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the care of ill and injured students according to DOH guidelines and CPR and First Aid training.
· Required to dispense delegated medication to students.
· Required to independently perform catheterization and/or G-tube feedings of students.
· Assist in annual health screenings and follow-up activities under the guidance of the designated school nurse.
· Maintain computer immunization reports and assist in obtaining a completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) for each student.
· Maintain student health records, health alert lists and generate various reports
· Perform related duties as assigned.
Expectation for Continued Employment:
· Employment is contingent upon passing a Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau Investigation fingerprint screening examination and background check.
· Maintain consistent presence at assigned worksite and regular work hours.
· Comply with all District policies and operational procedures.
· Must maintain punctuality and regular attendance.
· Complete SafeSchool’s online training in accordance with the Yakima School District.
· Maintain a valid CPR/AED and First Aid Card.
· Attend job specific trainings as required
Application Method: Apply online https://yakimajobs.hrmplus.net/JobOpenings.aspx
Base Pay: $23.28 - $28.33 per hour
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903