Employer: Hanford Mission Integration
Job Duties/Scope Of Work
This Co-Op Intern will assist with preparation and development of training materials to include lesson plans, student workbooks, and PowerPoint presentations. Additionally, they will prepare instructor packages with course materials and order course materials in preparation for courses taught by the Hanford National Programs. This position will also assist with the business services in preparing invoices and estimates.
This position will assist with scheduling and prepare for courses by interfacing with DOE Energy Response Team members and the HAMMER DOT training team to ensure they are prepared and response ready. Provide daily interface with team members to support their training, deployment and preparedness activities. Provide logistics support for HAMMER classes including on-site and off-site venues. Coordinate mailing and delivery of student and instructor resources.
Provide support to writing standard operating procedures and updating manuals that will be used as a basis for training and response to energy emergencies.
Support Deployment of ESF-12 Team members during an energy emergency activation by maintaining deployment history files both electronic and hard copy for any ESF-12 team activations. Update database records to reflect events. Support DOT training needs. Provide technical editor services to review written materials.
Assistance to the business services group to support gathering data in support of subcontract invoices and estimates for new customers.
Answer phones and assist customers and HAMMER students, preparing files, and maintaining electronic records by scanning and uploading to IDMS. Status project schedules using Microsoft Project and take meeting notes, provide support by writing monthly reports.
The successful candidate should be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in related fields of business, project management, education, or another related field. Candidates should possess the following attributes:
* Demonstrated interest in learning about business related software systems
* Basic mathematical skills applied to business reporting
* Strong attention to detail
* Basic knowledge and experience with databases
* Intermediate computer skills and familiarization with Microsoft Excel and Word
* Strong communication and grammar skills
- Must have one college term completed at an accredited college or university, and must be enrolled as a full-time student and live within a commutable distance from the work site.
- Must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
* Experience with customer service and working with the public
* Knowledge of Program Management timelines and project management
* Knowledge of training
* Familiarization with Adobe Connect, Team and virtual meeting platforms
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the HMIS wage determination process, offers will be made by taking into consideration the degree program the candidate is currently enrolled in - or - scope of work the position will perform, grade level in school (freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior) as well as the external labor market. A candidate's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions. The starting rates, and ranges listed (if applicable) represents the full wage scale that may be offered for this position.
HMIS is an EEOE/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Application Method: Apply online https://bms.hanford.gov/hrisjp/JobDetail.aspx?BU=HMC&ID=38315&PT=E
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903