Employer: JPR Systems INC
About JPR Systems
Since 1985, JPR Systems has been a leading manufacturer’s representative of industrial process measurement instrumentation. We take pride in our extensive portfolio of cutting-edge measurement instrumentation which includes flowmeters, level, pressure, and temperature transmitters, gas & flame detection devices, heat trace cable, liquid and gas analyzers, and much more from well-known manufacturers.
Based in Brea, CA, we serve a variety of industries including water & wastewater agencies, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, chemical, and power & energy companies across California and Nevada.
We are currently seeking an experienced Field Service Instrumentation Technician to join our dynamic team. If you possess strong technical and mechanical skills, we want you on board! Reporting directly to our Operations Manager, your role will involve traveling to our customers' facilities within California and Nevada. You will perform crucial tasks such as calibration, installation, troubleshooting, and repair of our various instrumentation lines based on the manufacturer's specifications.
If you are looking for a rewarding hands-on career, where you an essential part of our team, and play a significant role in keeping our customer’s businesses run smoothly, this may be the role for you!
What You Will Be Doing:
• Perform onsite service for customer’s process measurement instrumentation including start up, commissioning, calibration, maintenance, and repair.
• Perform system startup, testing, troubleshoot and diagnose instrument failures if applicable.
• Responsible for ensuring instrumentation is accurately calibrated and meets customer and quality requirements.
• Identify and order parts as needed.
• Interact with customers in various departments; operations, maintenance, planning, environmental health & safety and engineering.
• Conduct onsite training sessions to customer’s technicians on instrumentation startup, troubleshooting, calibration, and verification.
• Work with Operations Manager and JPR Systems Sales team to determine customer’s needs and urgency to schedule service calls accordingly.
• Accurate and timely completion of daily service reports and calibration documentation
• Looks for additional product and service opportunities within account and provides customer with information.
• Manage travel expenses and complete expense reports.
• New technicians will shadow and learn from experienced Field Service Instrumentation Technicians for several months and attend manufacturer’s training meetings and webinars before working on their own.
What We are Looking For
• Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or experience in industrial automation or instrumentation and control systems
• Working knowledge of process controls and instrumentation preferred
• Practical working knowledge of the calibration of field instruments such as flowmeters and level, pressure, and temperature transmitters
• Experience with test equipment, tools, and software
• Strong technical and mechanical aptitude with flexible problem-solving skills
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to perform tasks wearing required PPE such as protective clothing, safety glasses, hard hats, etc.
• Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
• Willingness to perform occasional service calls after hours
• Must be physically capable of entering and working in confined spaces, performing work at various heights, and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and/or emergencies.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry up to 50 lbs.
• Travel is dynamic with customer needs and will be local as well as long-distance. Must have vehicle and willingness to travel to customer sites within JPR Systems territory; California – approximately 90% of time and Nevada – approximately 10% of time. Car allowance provided.
What We Offer:
• Competitive Salary - $21-$42 per hour DOE
• Generous paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision –effective within 30 days of hire
• 401(k) with employer match
• Company paid life insurance
• Fun and supportive people to work with!
Contact Person: Stefani Tomatis
Email: [email protected]
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: Competitive Salary - $21-$42 per hour DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903