Recruitment Period: 09/06/2023 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
Salary Information: Annual Minimum Salary-$39,600-Annual Maximum Salary-$59,400
Hiring Range: $19.04-$21.71
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Pro-rated based on hours/week.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degrees of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Master of Arts in Medical Science, and Master of Science in Occupational Therapy enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play.
Performs complex administrative duties in support of a PNWU department or program. Completes tasks performed by the Administrative Assistant I in addition to having financial responsibilities, arranging travel, managing projects, event coordination, and overseeing contracts. Additionally, this job assists communicates with internal and external stakeholders, coordinates continuing education and accreditation activities, and generates reports and databases.
Essential Job Functions:
• Completes complex administrative tasks for a PNWU department or program. This may include proofreading and editing, coordinating scheduling for meetings and events, arranging travel, managing events and projects, and overseeing workflow.
• Manages communications via mail, email, and phone.
• Coordinates education related activities, including Continuing Medical Education and accreditation.
• Supports committees with scheduling, set up, and recording minutes, and transcribing.
• Collaborates with faculty and staff on course management and assessments.
• Monitors office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned and based on departmental need.
• Required: Associate's Degree
• Required: 1-3 years
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Skill in effective communication (both written and oral); skill in independent decision making; skill in performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature; skill in problem solving; knowledge of administrative procedures and practices; knowledge of computer and network operating systems; knowledge of customer service principles and practices; knowledge of project management principles, processes, and techniques; ability to apply effective and accurate data entry and typing skills; and ability to operate relevant equipment required to complete assigned responsibilities for the position.
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Contact Person: Rosa Solorzano
Email: [email protected]
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: $19.04 hourly
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903