Recruitment Period: 08/09/2023 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
Salary Information: Annual Minimum Salary-$36,000-Annual Maximum Salary-$54,000
Hiring Range: $17.31-$19.73
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degrees of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Master of Arts in Medical Science, and Master of Science in Occupational Therapy enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play.
PNWU is seeking someone to be the face of the administrative suite for PNWU. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating a warm and welcoming environment for visitors and employees. Must have exceptional customer service skills, be able to manage inquiries, and manage administrative tasks at the front desk.
Performs administrative duties in support of a PNWU department or program including scheduling meetings and appointments, organizing events, managing projects, and managing communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions:
• Completes general administrative tasks for a PNWU department or program. This may include proofreading and editing, coordinating scheduling for meetings and events, planning events, assisting with project management.
• Manages communications via mail, email, and phone.
• Assists with education related activities, including Continuing Medical Education and accreditation.
• Supports committees with scheduling, set up, and recording minutes, and transcribing.
• Collaborates with faculty and staff on course management and assessments.
• Monitors office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned and based on departmental need.
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Required: 1-3 years
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Skill in effective communication (both written and oral); skill in independent decision making; skill in performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature; skill in problem solving; knowledge of administrative procedures and practices; knowledge of computer and network operating systems; knowledge of customer service principles and practices; knowledge of project management principles, processes, and techniques; ability to apply effective and accurate data entry and typing skills; and ability to operate relevant equipment required to complete assigned responsibilities for the position.
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Contact Person: Rosa Solorzano
Email: [email protected]
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: $17.31 hourly
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903