Employer: Hydrafab Northwest Inc.
In business for more than 25 years in the PNW, Hydrafab NW is a job shop offering custom fabrication solutions for customers that are results-oriented and have complex needs that challenge standard manufacturing environments! We do it all, from bio-medical to food service, structural to prototyping.
We are looking for talented, motivated, and experienced machinists to come work in a fast-paced job shop where creativity and contribution are welcomed and encouraged.
Responsible for operation of various machines including CNC Lathe and CNC Mill. Maintaining a high focus on safety and departmental cleanliness.
Key or Essential Functions
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Prepare and set up various production machines in accordance with equipment specifications and best practices
Safely operate production equipment used in the manufacturing of various products.
Operate manual mills, lathes, etc.
Follow safety protocols and standards in all daily activities
Inspect work / products for accuracy and ensure industry standards are met upon completion
Meet customer/departmental delivery requirements accurately accomplish daily tasks
Communicate with supervisor and other team members to accomplish company standards and goals
Perform programming for machines
Produce quality parts, on time, for downstream operations
Perform all required routine and minor maintenance activities according to company procedures
Complete and maintain paperwork as required for daily production
Check machine for defects and repair if necessary
Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
Utilize hand held tools such as a hand held screw and drill gun
Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
Maintain a clean and safe work area
· Writing Scope of Work for repeat machining and wire EDM customer orders
· Assist Area Lead as needed
· Assist Sales with drawings as needed
· Perform Drawing updates as needed
· CAD, Design & Programming of CNC mills and CNC lathes
· Work as a cooperative team member in the organization
· Works quickly and responsibly to complete all production responsibilities on time and on budget
· Other duties as assigned based on project needs and organizational efficiencies
· High school diploma or a General Education degree required
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ Experience reading blueprints, drawings and or solid models
· Proficient at utilizing various precision measuring equipment as required for quality control
· Must be highly skilled at reading blueprints, willing and able to work in fast-paced environment
· Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
· Experience working with tight tolerances
· Strong verbal communication skills are essential
· Ability to troubleshoot to make the best use of time and equipment to complete tasks
· Willing to put in extra effort and hours as needed
· Work is performed primarily in a production setting
· Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to:
§ stand or sit for prolonged periods of time;
§ frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and twisting;
§ lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight;
§ operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard;
§ and utilize verbal and written communication to exchange information
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities:
· Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
· Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to establish priorities and complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
· Interpersonal Skills: Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships and teamwork while effectively handling internal pressures.
· Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
· Problem Solving Ability: Self-starter with the ability to solve problems in a fast-paced work environment. Will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
· Quality Management: Attention to detail leading to completing jobs on time and with precision; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
· Math Skills: Good math skills will help press brake operators understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
Starting $25 DOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
Job Shop: 1 year (Preferred)
Machining: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: https://www.hydrafabnw.com/docs/Hydrafab%20Northwest%20Application%20Form.pdf
Base Pay: $25.00 /HR DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903