Employer: Madden Industrial Craftsmen
Madden Industrial Craftsmen is seeking a CNC Lathe Machinist for a long-term, day shift role with a plastics manufacturing company located in Tigard, OR. The CNC Lathe Machinist is responsible for set-up and operation of the CNC Lathes in compliance with inch and metric drawing specifications.
CNC Lathe Machinist Responsibilities:
• Set up and operate CNC Lathe to machine flat and formed parts to inch and metric drawing specifications.
• Act as technical resource regarding tooling and machining capabilities.
• Evaluate and justify new tooling and machining processes.
• Communicate issues relating to work orders, programming errors, material shortages or errors.
• Continuous focus on reduction of material, labor and scrap.
• Perform minor maintenance activities as required by the preventive maintenance program.
• Continued education and training including, but not limited to: ISO 9001, safety, blueprint reading.
• Maintain cleanliness of work area.
• Record labor for job tracking.
• Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Able to take lead on large projects from start to finish.
• Interact with engineering on designs of parts.
• Give advice on corrective actions that need to be taken.
• Other duties as requested.
CNC Machinist Qualifications:
• High School Degree or equivalent.
• 3-5 years in manufacturing environment, machining experience preferred.
• Good math skills in trigonometry.
• Good hand eye coordination and attention to detail. Ability to carefully handle fragile products, perform repetitive tasks, and demonstrate safety awareness.
• Able to maintain and inspect functional tooling.
• Must be able to read and understand machine codes.
• Must be able to read and interpret engineered drawings in decimal and fractional inch units.
• Demonstrated ability to use and read precision measuring devices in thousandths.
• Demonstrated ability to set up CNC machine loading programs, tools, fixtures and setting tool offsets.
• Demonstrated ability to identify various cutting tools and materials utilized.
• Demonstrated ability to deburr parts.
• Ability to stand at workstation for designated shift.
• Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, including testing for THC.
401(k) with match
Paid sick leave
Chat with a Recruiter (Opens Chat Window) See All Jobs From Portland, OR
Location: Portland, OR
Application Method: Online: https://jobs.mici.com/client/Job/cnc-lathe-machinist-in-Portland-OR?jobNum=24005746
Base Pay: $22-$30/hr
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903