Employer: PrecisionCastparts Corp.
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
To operate Computer Numerical Control (CNC) milling machines to rough and finish machine castings, and complete targeting machining to meet customer and PCC specifications.
1. Sets up and runs multiple CNC milling machines as needed.
2. Completes cleanup and preventative maintenance of machines during programmed machine runs.
3. Edits and develops CNC programs.
4. Coordinates and oversees new CNC program testing and debugging.
5. Creates and implements production procedures, documentation and communications.
6. Checks tool offsets and controller program functions.
7. Reviews and follows technique cards, set-up cards and tooling sheets.
8. Selects proper tooling for machine operation as directed.
9. Ensures quality of tooling.
10. PCC's Fork Lift Driving Safety Training must be completed, as assigned.
11. Meets all production and quality standards.
12. Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies and procedures while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment. Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety and health evaluations and programs.
13. Regular and predictable attendance.
14. Required overtime.
15. Performs other task as directed.
1. Completion of CNC machine technology program and at least 2 year of machining experience including targeting, CNC machining and programing and blue print reading, or an equivalent combination of classroom education, apprenticeship and experience.
2. Ability to read, interpret and follow specifications on Technique cards, job plans, Quality Control Manuals, blueprints and drawings.
3. Ability to perform advanced shop math.
4. Ability to troubleshoot complex machining issues as they arise.
5. Thorough knowledge of tooling and set-up procedures.
6. Ability to work independently, with limited supervision.
7. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to interact/coordinate activities with others.
8. Ability to read and use mechanical measuring devices.
9. Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
NOTE: Employee must supply their own full compliment of hand tools to satisfactorily meet quality requirements of the position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Application Method: Online: https://pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-7/xf-4529f9c669c1/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/3/opp/9127-CNC-Machinist-Deer-Creek-Portland-OR/en-GB
Base Pay: DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903