Employer: Metro Water Recovery
Uses BIM software to produce and update underground utility drawing sets. Assists with LiDAR field scanning. Works under the direct supervision of the BIM Supervisor and advises on the implementation of industry best-practices.
Example of Duties:
1. Independently uses Autodesk software to edit, update, and produce facility drawing sets. Incorporates redline edits from other staff members to prepare complete and accurate plans, sections, elevations, profiles, and detail drawings.
2. Responsible for setting up and revising BIM standards within BIM software platforms, when required.
3. Performs review of Associate and Staff Utility Modeler production work.
4. Produces PDF and hard copies of drawing sets for engineers and other staff members to review. Independently seeks
feedback from engineers and senior staff members on drawing production work.
5. Produces pointclouds within established workflows, including pointcloud registration, geometry extraction, and export
to BIM software.
6. Conducts research on drawings and documents for historical facility information, when needed. Works with Records
Management to retrieve historical drawing and associated information.
7. Under direction, produces in-house design drawings for internal projects. Independently works with engineers and other
staff to complete construction document drawings to meet project schedule.
8. Performs other technical tasks as assigned.
Specific Modeler duties:
Independently uses Autodesk Civil3d to edit, update, and maintain underground utility piping digital twin. Sets up Autodesk Civil3d sheetsets to publish drawings to pdf. Plots hard copies of drawings, when needed.
Under direction, responsible for setting up and revising Autodesk Civil3d pipe styles, when needed.
Independently seeks answers to Civil3d piping issues. Can independently assemble external references and data references. Creates profile views of alignments with existing pipe crossings, upon request.
Uses EdgeWise to extract pointcloud geometry. Coordinates the import/export to Autodesk Recap. Ensures quality control of Recap pointcloud.
A two-year Associates of Applied Science degree (AAS) in BIM technology, computer aided drafting or related field and three years of experience in engineering-related BIM modeling and computer-aided drafting. Proficient with 3D modeling principles including advanced modeling procedures, creating and editing styles, and plotting. Understanding of engineering and architectural drawing sets. Thorough understanding of pointcloud technology.
A four-year Bachelor of Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent degree. Comprehensive understanding of pointcloud data. Comprehensive understanding of water/wastewater treatment plant processes. Previous formal or informal supervision of BIM staff including review of drawings/models and redline markups.
Equivalency equals two years of directly related professional experience for every year of education not completed. The stated experience requirement is in addition to any experience used to meet the education equivalency.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to outdoor weather conditions and works near moving mechanical parts less than 1/3 of the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear more than 2/3 of the time. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl less than 1/3 of the time. The employee must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds 1/3 to 2/3 of the time and up to 50 pounds less than 1/3 of the time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Color vision is desirable.
Contact Person: Reina Torres Booker
Email: [email protected]
Location: Denver, CO
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $69,319.23 - $96,714.85/year
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903