Employer: SUNRYPE PRODUCTS (USA), INC.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the functions of the production, material handling, and support equipment to assure its proper operation and performs maintenance activities to maximize plan production and minimize plant down time.
1. Performs and documents line checks and preventative maintenance (PM), including lubrication and inspection of equipment to prevent or identify failures.
2. Performs and documents troubleshooting, removal, installation, disassembly, repair and assembly of production, material handling, waste and raw product equipment, support equipment and systems.
3. Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
4. Follows instructions given in work logs, work orders and equipment manuals.
5. Operates a forklift in a safe manner.
6. Performs non-routine maintenance activities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Plant Manager and must be capable of performing emergency repairs.
Position that backs up this role during absence: Any other trained employee.
The following requirements are those that are normally required for performance of the Mechanic position. Any disabled applicant or incumbent who does not meet one or more of the requirements, but who can perform the essential function of the job (with or without reasonable accommodations) shall be deemed to meet these requirements.
Role in Food Safety: Follow plant GMP’s at all times, ensure work area is secure.
A. Physical Requirements:
This position requires the following physical demands up to 90% of the time:
· Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds,
· Must be able to carry 25 pounds up and down 21 stairs,
· Must be able to stand for 8 hours during a shift minus breaks and lunch,
· Must be able to work in hot, humid and/or cold areas,
· Must be able to stand, bend, squat, crawl, kneel, reach above shoulders, climb ladders and crawl in tight and awkward work places for long periods of time,
· Must be able to safely lift and carry a 51-pound stepladder,
· May be required to safely lift up to 100 pounds unassisted,
· Must have good hand-eye coordination.
B. Non-Physical Requirements:
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree or mechanical certification preferred. High school diploma required.
2. Experience: Minimum one year experience in a juice processing environment preferred.
3. Special Skills:
Able to work any shift, overtime and any or all days of the week in accordance with plant needs.
Able to do electrical troubleshooting.
Able to demonstrate safe use and skilled application of tools commonly used in the plant in accordance with established practices and procedures.
Ability to use stick welder, wire welder, tig, plasma torch, oxygen acetylene torch.
Ability to recognize and name stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum.
Ability to sharpen drill bits, chisels, and cutting tools.
Excellent communication skills.
Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
Personally invested in the success of the business.
Motivated, focused and accountable for results.
4. Licensure, Registration, Certification:
WA State Electrician Certification preferred.
5. External Relationships:
6. Internal Relationships:
The mechanic must interact and communicate effectively with all employees of the organization. Effective communication is especially important with the shift supervisor.
7. Direct & Indirect Reports:
There are no direct or indirect reports.
The position will be backed-up by other mechanics and/or the maintenance supervisor in event of absence.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $22.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
10 hour shift
12 hour shift
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Programmable logic controllers: 2 years (Preferred)
Mechanical knowledge: 4 years (Preferred)
Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person
Base Pay: $21 - $22 /HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903