Employer: Yakima Neighborhood Health
This job requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Who We Are:
Established in 1975, Non-Profit Yakima Neighborhood Health Services serves patients in the areas of Behavioral Health, Family Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Vision Care and Pharmacy. Our mission is to provide affordable, accessible, quality health care, promote learning opportunities for students of health professions, end homelessness and improve quality of life in our communities.
Yakima Neighborhood Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in the workplace and are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Why Work at Yakima Neighborhood Health Services?
YNHS offers great compensation for this position, with a starting wage of $17-$19.55 an hour, along with high value benefits of employer provided medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and retirement insurances. To support our team, we also provide ten paid holidays, flexible amounts of paid leave and/or cash out options, and retention bonuses to reward commitment to our mission.
Some technical requirements for this position are:
Education and or experience in payroll and/or bookkeeping, preferably with non-profit fund accounting.
Experience with computers.
Understanding of basic accounting principles.
Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Skills in data-entry. Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetical or numeric systems.
Candidate has not been sanctioned or excluded from participation in federal or state healthcare programs by a federal or state law enforcement, regulatory, or licensing agency.
Driver's License and Auto Insurance
Day to Day:
Accounting processes including accounts payable, purchase orders, supporting journals.
• Process and protect confidential and proprietary information of the organization as requested.
• Ensure organized and efficient record keeping of financial activity.
• Prepare and reconcile Purchase Orders, place orders with vendors, monitor inventory levels of supplies.
• Assist staff with supply and material needs for medical, dental, and other departments.
• Balancing of cash registers, bank deposits, petty cash, and credit card activity.
• Processing accounts payable activity as requested.
• Work in the accounting software, assisting with additional functionality and updates.
• Process mail as requested including preparing for mailing, opening, and distribution.
• Maintain organized, clean, efficient, and confidential work area.
• Perform related work and other tasks as requested.
Application Method: Apply online https://yakima-neighborhood-health-services.hiringthing.com/job/405377/accounting-assistant?s=in
Base Pay: $17.00 ‒ $19.55 Hourly
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903