Recruitment Period: 08/10/2023 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
Salary Information: Annual Minimum Salary-$48,000-Annual Maximum Salary-$72,000
Hiring Range: $23.08-$26.31
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degrees of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Master of Arts in Medical Science, and Master of Science in Occupational Therapy enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play.
Under the supervision of the Chief Communications Officer, the Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for design, creation, maintenance, and functionality of PNWU.EDU and a host of web-based communication platforms utilized by PNWU. They are responsible for creating a cohesive brand identity across all University website pages to ensure all platforms serve excellent marketing impressions to a wide variety of audiences.
The successful candidate will also play a key role in the design and development of various university projects across all mediums including print, web, email, and direct mail. The Digital Marketing Specialist will need to engage internal stakeholders, partners, colleagues, and designers, while cultivating relationships and influencing others as appropriate. Also, they will need to work closely with the Director of Public Relations and entire Marcomm team to convey PNWU’s mission, values, culture, capabilities, and competitive differences.
Essential Job Functions:
• Take the lead role in building, designing, and maintaining the University’s website, focusing on functionality, user experience, appearance, accessibility, and recruitment.
• Contribute to the strategy, design, and execution of digital campaigns designed to bring people to the University’s website.
• Coordinate with other members of campus to create and modify web pages for specific purposes or outcomes. Be first point of contact for people needing help with Marcomm web issues related to content, design, and images.
• Design and create fresh, innovative products that translate complex ideas into compelling digital experiences and marketing materials for visually sophisticated audiences.
• Consistently evaluate organization and layout of web sites and implement appropriate information architectures to maximize the capabilities of the web function.
• Review and contribute to the approval of art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables are effectively addressing University marketing goals and brand.
• Performs other related duties as assigned and based on departmental need.
• Required: Bachelor's Degree, discipline related to communications, PR, marketing, design, website design, advertising, social media, video editing, etc.
• Required: 1-3 years: additional consideration given to those with HTML or CSS training or experience; administration of a content management system, including design templates and user administration; other marketing, communications, or higher education
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; and strong verbal and written communication skills
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Contact Person: Rosa Solorzano
Email: [email protected]
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: $23.08/hour
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903