What You’ve Accomplished
You have completed a High school diploma or its equivalent. Two-year machine technology certificate preferred. Qualifications on specific Product Center equipment may substitute for years of experience. You are ready to join Framatome and help deliver clean, safe energy and advance nuclear technology.
Who You Are
Your actions, behaviors, and decisions are made in a manner consistent with our Core Values: https://www.framatome.com/en/jobseekers/our-values/
You may have also acquired the following skills:
- Metalwork and geometric dimensioning & tolerancing.
- Component geometry inspection requirements.
- Designing/manufacturing jigs, fixtures, and templates to aid manufacturing processes.
- Cutting tool geometry and tool applications
- Action Oriented, Results Oriented, Positive Attitude, Dependability, Initiative, Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills, Productivity (Quantity of Work), Quality of Work, Safety
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and processes within the particular machinist field.
- Demonstrated ability to read & understand design drawings, specification, oral & written instructions, and computer menu instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to use/interpret shop inspection tools and manually record/computer input associated data. In-depth mechanical aptitude/ability & proficient knowledge of machine tool operations.
- Familiarity with the company’s safety and health policy and program
This full-time role is about making an impact on people’s lives and the future of clean energy. You will leverage your skills and experience to be part of an innovative team and make a difference for our customers. As a Machinist in Richland, WA, you will be part of the proven team in the Fuel Business Unit. Your work will include:
- Interpret design drawings, solid models, and specifications to fabricate high precision components.
- Support production machining of large and small components for fuel assembly fabrication.
- Setting up and operating (conventional and CNC) lathes, milling machine, grinder, heat treat furnaces and saw equipment.
- Excellent attention to detail and troubleshooting.
- Complies with all plant work rules, regulations and specific instructions, maintains required records, logs & documentation.
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and safe work area.
- Suggests improvements in work methods & procedures.
- Properly handles hazardous materials.
- During lull periods, may be directed by management to support other Component Center areas
- May include travel to nuclear sites.
- Play an active role in creating a safe and healthy workplace and comply with all applicable safety and health rules.
- Remain in a stationary position, walk, kneel, and crouch.
- Operate computer on a continual basis and communicate with various levels of the organization.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
This position requires occasional travel. Together we will enable clean, safe, and economical low-carbon energy to meet the global ambition for a better tomorrow.
Who We Are
Framatome is an international leader in nuclear energy recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for the global nuclear fleet. More than 2,000 dedicated U.S. Framatome employees work every day to supply ever cleaner, safer, and more economical low-carbon energy for our communities and world. As well as supporting new nuclear builds, advancing new technology and advancing nuclear energy in the U.S. and abroad. Like you, we want a brighter future.
See how the Fuel Business Unit contributes to this future: https://www.framatome.com/en/expertise/design-and-fuel-manufacturing/
Discover Richland: https://discoverrichland.com/advantages/
Your Total Rewards Package
The range of base salary for the position is between $20 - $25 per hour, and may also include annual incentives, performance bonuses and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
Framatome offers a broad employee benefits portfolio as a key component of your total rewards. This includes:
Multiple medical plans; dental and vision plans; Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment; long- and short-term disability; optional plans including dependent life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurance; retirement savings plans (401k) with employer match; paid time off including up to 3 weeks of vacation, 56 hours of PTO, and 11 paid holidays; education reimbursement; adoption assistance; employee assistance programs; opportunities for professional development.
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Contact Person: Emily Hudson
Phone: (434) 832-2458
Email: [email protected]
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $20-$25 per hour
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903