This position, based in Genentech's Hillsboro, Oregon facility, provides the opportunity to have a key role in a highly automated pharmaceutical drug substance facility. The site employs highly integrated computer control systems to manage plant operations and manufacturing data. The candidate will report to the local IT OT organization, an organization that is currently undergoing a transformation towards digitalization, advancing fundamental elements to meet future needs, such as standardizing and leveraging new technologies.
The IT OT Team in Hillsboro is supporting Hillsboro Technical Operations (HTO) which is the commercial Aseptic filling for Drug Product and launch site for North America and Hillsboro Individualized and Cell Therapies (HIT) which is transitioning into a multi-product facility for development, clinical and commercial supply capabilities for individualized and cell therapies.
Shift: On-site: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Pay Rate: DOE, $50/hour to $60/hour
Contract duration 6 months with extensions until end of 2024
What you’ll be working on:
Active involvement in the daily operations for all Manufacturing IT OT systems to support the system owners for all Manufacturing systems and supporting the team in manufacturing site projects and with various administrative tasks.
This include activities like:
Support System Owner squad in the overall procurement, development, integration, modification, operation, maintenance, and retirement of SCADA, PCS, BAS, PI, and MES.
• Support validation activities
• Responsibility for the Periodic System Audit Trail Review
• Perform annual automation account review
• User account auditing, provisioning, resets and activation for all IT and OT systems
• Creating reports for various systems on demand
• Work with the System Owners and Business Process Owners for the upgrade/patching and changes to the system to ensure GMP compliance.
• Disaster Recovery Documentation & Business Continuity Testing
• Manage the Internal and External Inspection Agency Support
• Manage onCall phone list
• Perform IMS Tag loading
• Review ServiceNow tickets and either address them or route them to the SME
• Run monthly site termination report and updates to AD
• Support on documents management systems (Veeva, Condor, eVal Roche)
• Support the team with administrative tasks
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Automation Engineering or similar
• Minimum 5 years of experience in system and/or network administration
• Attention to details and good problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to think and solve problems at a system-level
• Ability to work and interact productively with stakeholders from different technical domains
• Ability to multi-task with a calm behavior and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Good team player, self-confident, motivated, and independent
• Good communication skills
• System administration, supporting multiple platforms and applications
• Biopharmaceutical or similar Manufacturing domain knowledge.
• Application Engineering experience with manufacturing control systems in a highly automated manufacturing environment, preferably Distributed Control Systems (e.g. DeltaV), SCADA and HMI’s (e.g Rockwell FactoryTalk), Building Automation (e.g. Siemens Desigo), Environmental monitoring and control
• Application Engineering experience with manufacturing management systems, such as Manufacturing Execution System (Preferrably Emerson Syncade and or Rockwell PharmaSuite), Data Historian (e.g. OSI PI ), LIMS, ERP etc.
Experience as an Application Engineer for Rockwell FactoryTalk SCADA system or
• Experience with industrial data and control interfaces, preferably OPC and OPC-UA
• Keep abreast of key Manufacturing IT trends and be curious - Smart Buildings, Smart Manufacturing, Industrial IoT, Manufacturing Digital Plant Maturity, Cybersecurity, Pharma 4.0, Data Integrity principles, technology, and data standardization, etc.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Health Authority practices, 21 CFR Part 11,cGMP Annex 11, Data Integrity principles.
• Entrepreneurial mindset e.g. "automating automation"
Contact Person: John Gray
Email: [email protected]
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $50/hour to $60/hour, DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903