Cub Crafters, an industry leader in light aircraft manufacturing, is seeking a talented, hardworking, organized and dedicated individual to join our team.
• Will fabricate and weld components in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Must work at a reasonable pace and within our quality standards to insure timely completion.
• Use MIG and TIG machines with proper filler rod or wire according to blueprints.
• Position and clamp work pieces together or assemble them in a jig fixture.
• Fabricate new or replacement parts.
• Adjust weld machine as needed to accommodate varying thicknesses of material.
• Accurately measure and lay out locations for welded components.
• Maintain set tolerances in all production and assemblies.
• Notify supervisor of material and gas shortages before materials run out.
• Check and verify that part numbers match prints prior to assembly.
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documentation, etc.
• Complete in-house weld certification.
• Job knowledge through suitable education or prior work experience
• Must be familiar with basic shop equipment such as saws, shears, brakes, power presses, drill presses, band saws, etc.
• Able to read and understand blueprints.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards
• Understand and carry out detailed, written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English clearly.
Pay is based on experience. Range $18.00 – $25.00
• Six paid holidays annually;
• One week paid vacation after year one and two weeks of paid vacation per year afterwards;
• Sick Leave benefit which is richer than required under the state law;
• Employee-discretionary tax-free savings in the form of a 401K plan with Cub Crafters matching contributions up to 4% after 6 months of employment;
• Major medical plan for you (the employee) provided with separate vision, dental, life, an d LTD coverage for you and family members available at a group rate at your expense.
• Health care plan is available the first month after 30 days of continuous employment;
• Access to Cub Crafters’ aircraft, rental at the employee’s rate.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be downloaded at www.cubcrafters.com. Please send application and resume to: [email protected]
Application Method: Download application at https://cubcrafters.com/c/careers/welder-3/
Base Pay: $18.00 - $25.00/hr
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903