Employer: Rainier Welding
Rainier Welding, an AISC certified steel fabrication business since 1975, is seeking Welders and Fitters to join our Redmond, Washington steel fabrication team. Successful candidates will have safety as their # 1 priority as well as previous experience with heavy steel fabrication.
Successful candidates will perform multiple tasks as assigned including Fitting, Welding or Machine Operations by reading blue prints or work orders, gathering required parts, taking measurements in standard and metric systems, setting up materials for welding (FCAW) and welding the structural steel components. Machine operation may include any of the industrial steel fabrication machines in the facility. May also perform multiple tasks including Forklift & Crane operations.
• Check equipment for working order and work area for safety.
• Read Work Order, structural steel blue prints, drawings and specification sheets.
• Set up equipment.
• Lay out parts according to work order and structural drawings.
• Perform math functions in standard and metric such as read tape measure; take measurements, mark the product, and add and subtract simple fractions and metric measurements.
• Tack or Weld structural parts into place using wire feed welding equipment (FCAW).
• Operate various cranes and other equipment (including forklifts and trucks) to move and load raw materials and products.
• Operate Machinery in a safe and productive manner.
• Move finished product to staging area.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• AWS or WABO Weld Certifications
• Blue Print Reading experience required.
• Able to perform basic math skills in both standard and metric systems: add, subtract, multiply, simple fractions. Read tape measure and take measurements and mark the product.
• Able to pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screening and a Criminal Background Check.
• Regular and punctual attendance.
• Able to lift up to 80 pounds.
• Willingly take direction from Supervisory and Lead personnel.
• Follow safety plan and directions
Regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
In general, employee is exposed to a structural steel fabrication environment with elevated noise levels and outside weather conditions; frequently works near moving mechanical parts and equipment.
• Paid Time Off
Successful candidates will have at least 5 years of experience.
There will be an on-site AWS flux core weld test in the vertical and overhead position using .052 wire.
Rainier Welding is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. A drug test is required prior to employment.
Application Method: Apply online https://rainierwelding.com/welder-fitter/
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903