Employer: Yakima School District
· High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License;
· Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment;
· Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications;
· Knowledge, related experience and training of customer service practices;
· Knowledge, understanding of and experience with servers;
· Knowledge, understanding of and experience with directory services; management, organizational units, group policy, and profiles;
· Knowledge, understanding of and experience with email systems;
· Knowledge, understanding of and experience with virtualized environments and systems;
· Knowledge of programming languages and the ability to learn and program/code in languages needed for district projects; as well as the ability to work with developer tools;
· Knowledge, understanding and experience with enterprise systems;
· Three (3) years of System Administrator related experience preferred;
· Possess skills in oral and written communications, learning, customer service orientation, problem analysis;
· Problem-solving, planning and organizing, and be detail oriented;
· Proven ability to work independently required;
· Must possess the physical ability to perform job requirements and have a high stress tolerance;
· Have an established record of dependability, flexibility, and regular attendance;
· Establish and maintain a professional and positive working relationship with students, parents, staff and the general public;
· Desire to be a role model for students;
· Ability to design and implement maintainable systems, reusable tools, and structured code;
· Ability to take initiative and use existing resources to solve problems;
· Ability to learn quickly, research new subjects independently, and analyze the impact of new technology areas;
· Ability to work independently on coding projects, communicating status and issues as appropriate;
· Ability to work well with others in promoting a team environment;
· Ability to organize, set priorities, and work effectively;
· Maintain confidentiality.
Information Service Technician III is responsible assisting the Information Service (IS) Supervisor in effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This position participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual manages system hardware, operating systems, enterprise systems, and related procedures.
This position will assist the IS supervisor in the planning and implementation of district initiatives and projects. These activities include; research and development, technical analysis and design, documentation, policies and procedures, and decommission/sunset of projects. Providing support for district staff in; executing, testing and rolling-out solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
Other Functions and Duties:
· Modify user account information, resetting passwords, etc. through directory services
· Create, change, and delete user accounts
· Group Policy object management
· Manage anti-virus system
· Spam monitoring and blocking/tuning
· Assist with documentation of departmental policies, procedures, and system configuration
· Perform daily system monitoring
· Perform regular security monitoring
· Help manage and troubleshoot existing network and system environments
· Execute maintenance and performance tuning measures
· Log monitoring and system security
· Install and configure new hardware and software
· Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
· Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
· Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
· Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
· Data management
Provide afterhours support, break fix and system operations
· Other duties as assigned.
Expectations for Continued Employment:
· Employment is contingent upon passing the Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check.
· Maintain consistent presence at assigned worksite and regular work hours.
· Comply with all District policies and operational procedures.
· Must maintain punctuality and regular attendance.
· Complete SafeSchool’s online training in accordance with the Yakima School District.
· Obtain a CPR and First Aid Card if needed.
· Attend job specific trainings as required.
Application Method: Apply online https://yakimajobs.hrmplus.net/JobOpenings.aspx
Base Pay: $36.20 - $41.88/hour
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903