Employer: Romac Industries
Intermediate level of production welding. Under limited supervision and technical guidance, position material to be welded, using standard fixtures and positioner/turntables, and apply hand-eye coordination to achieve the desired weld. Materials welded may include steel, stainless, aluminum, or various alloys and the methods may include gas welding, shielded metal arc, gas-tungsten arc, gas-metal arc, or submerged arc, but the variety of applications tends to be limited to standard products and materials where plans are specified, welding positions are routine, and work may be characterized as longer production runs. Regulate heat and feed and may select electrodes, tips, and rods. Work from specifications, drawings, prints, and welding symbols.
A. Essential Functions
1. Run dispatch list; understand and decipher part numbers.
2. Follow work instructions, drawings, established quality standards, and established safety protocols.
3. Must be able to read basic drawings and fit product as represented by drawing.
4. Fit up and tack multiple styles of entry-level product, as directed.
5. Weld multiple styles of product on the positioner.
6. MIG and TIG weld various types of material, including ductile iron, mild steel, and/or stainless steel, as directed.
7. Check all welds for porosity or defects and weld size.
8. Check specifications that are critical.
9. Perform computer transactions.
10. Print travelers and send with product.
11. Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
B. Additional Job Responsibilities
1. Participate in process improvement events, as directed.
2. Perform required operator maintenance.
3. Assist with other functions within the department, as directed.
4. Assist other departments with various duties and projects, as directed.
5. Attend required meetings.
6. Participate in physical inventories.
7. Alert Lead, Assistant Supervisor, or Supervisor to material shortages, quality or safety issues.
8. Keep work area clean and organized.
9. May train other employees.
C. Minimum Qualifications
1. High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
2. 1+ years of welding experience with welding mild steel, ductile iron, and/or stainless steel (print reading and positioner welding)
3. Possess basic level of trouble-shooting and problem-solving
4. Must pass 1G weld test
5. Possess basic blueprint reading skills
6. Understand oral and written instructions
7. Strong written and oral communication skills
8. Can effectively read and write
9. Have basic math skills
10. Possess very basic computer skills
11. Lift minimum weight (see requirements below)
12. Ability to count accurately
13. Can read a tape measure
D. Additional Preferred Qualifications
1. Must be able to weld on a positioner/turntable (will train)
E. Pay Range
$46,100 - $66,800
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to [email protected].
No phone calls please, as we will happily contact you, should your skills, knowledge and qualifications match our needs. Romac Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903