Employer: Inland Networks
What you will do…
• Install, disconnect, reconnect, add, change, and troubleshoot fiber optic internet, and telephone in accordance with guidelines.
• Use small hand tools, power tools, and test equipment.
• Install, setup and configure residential networking equipment such as ONT’s, routers and switches.
• Ensure that service operates within prescribed parameters by performing testing on company issued devices and customer devices.
• Attempt to identify and remedy sources of customer-perceived issues.
• Drive a company vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
• Clean, maintain, and stock vehicle and equipment to be prepared to perform required duties.
• Complete paperwork accurately and report and record work order status updates daily with updates to your supervisor/PM via email.
• Report any on-site issues, job related or other, to your supervisor/PM.
• Take pride and ownership of your work; good craftmanship.
• Assume all other duties as assigned.
You will perform Customer service duties by:
• Greeting and interacting with customers in a professional, courteous manner including when responding to escalations and repeated customer concerns.
• Reviewing all requested services with the customer to ensure understanding of service agreements.
• Educating the customer regarding product and service usage.
Who we are looking for…
• Are at least 18 years old.
• Have a valid driver's license with a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
• Are authorized to work in the United States for this company.
• Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Have experience or are comfortable with working in tight spaces such as a crawl space or attic.
• Has The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Have experience in working through inclement weather.
• Have experience with the demands of working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
• Have effective communication skills.
• Able to travel and work extended hours; overtime and weekends as needed.
• Able to lift, climb, and carry ladders with weight of up to 80lbs.
• Knowledge of the Fiber Color Code
- Fiber splicing
- OSP placement
- ISP placement
- ISP installs
- trouble shooting
- OTDR testing
- power meter testing
- fiber characterization
Any tool knowledge listed will have a positive view on your potential hire.
- fiber strippers
- precision cleaver
- Fiber Optic cable mid entry tool
- fusion machine
- power meter
- bucket van
• Probation (or Provisional) Period starts 1ˢᵗ day of work and for 90 days thereafter.
• Eligible for Premera Medical/dental Insurance on (1st of the month after 60 days from start of work. Vision, life flight & life insurance after 90 days
• Eligible for 401K or Roth after 90 days with Company match after (12 months)
• Semi-monthly paycheck payments
• Paid Holiday after 90-day probation period for each of the following: New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, Employee Birthday, and a floater.
• PTO after 90 days
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $30.00 per hour
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Long-term disability Insurance
• Life insurance
• Retirement plan - 401(k) matching
• Paid time-off
• Flexible schedule
• Life Flight
• No charge internet and phone (if in our service territory)
• Discounted health club membership
• Generally, an 8-hour shift (8 am to 5 pm)
• 10 – 12 hours during emergency repairs or construction
• Evening shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend call-out (trouble/repairs)
• Night shift
• OSP: 1 year (Preferred)
• Fiber splicing: 2 years (Preferred)
• Education/training can be substituted for experience.
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability, and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company does perform a criminal background check, drug test and checks on social media postings. The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and may consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Contact Person: Jessica Berry
Email: [email protected]
Location: Roslyn, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $18-$30 /HR DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903