Employer: Hanford Mission Integration
Job Duties/Scope Of Work
Per established Radiological Site Services (RSS) procedures or under management direction: Calibrates, maintains, and troubleshoots routine and complex portable and semi-portable radiological detection equipment and electronic personal dosimeters to ensure conformance to required calibration standards. Performs verifications/certifications of radiation sources. Calculates decay corrections, detection efficiency, and other calibration related computations. Documents radiological instrument results. Complete Verification & Validating (V&V) of radiological instrument calibration procedures to include assisting in the development of new procedures and the revision of current Radiological Site Services procedures. Operates radiation-generating devices and works with sealed radiation sources as related to Calibration Technician activities.
- AA degree in science plus 2 years of experience in radiological instrument calibrations, health physics or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in calibrating a broad range of instrumentation.
- Fundamental knowledge of radiation detection and measurement; fundamental mathematics, instrument calibrations, and electronics.
- Experience using computers.
- Prior experience with the calibration of radiological instruments and more specifically experience with calibration of Hanford radiological instruments is highly desirable.
Compensation & Benefits
Hourly Rate: $25.035 - $36.106
HMIS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, short-and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, and paid time off. For a full list of benefits please visit our benefits website: https://hmis.hanford.gov/hr/page.cfm/employeebenefits
The pay rate range listed represents the full range of pay/hr that may be offered, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
HMIS is an EEOE/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Apply online https://bms.hanford.gov/hrisjp/JobDetail.aspx?BU=HMC&ID=37869&PT=E
Base Pay: $25.035 - $36.106/hr
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903