Employer: Blackwell Electric
Blackwell Electric is a growing Electrical and Automation service company Based in Minot, North Dakota. We offer an outstanding compensation package and competitive wages.
Our wages are based off Experience and Capability and range from $35-$55 an hour plus $80 a day per diem.
Blackwell Electric is looking for an Automation Technician. This position provides Automation, Instrument and Electrical technical support to construction, Oil & Gas well pad facilities and field operations. The position will repair, install, troubleshoot, maintain, and assist in design of process control systems such as PLCs and RTUs or other similar equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair of electrical and control instrumentation systems in the Oil and Gas Industry.
• Identification, solution development, and consulting in relation to customer automation and instrumentation issues.
• Effective and prompt response to customer request or inquiries.
• Providing clear and effective documentation of services provided to customers.
• Traveling to customer facilities.
• Ability to work independently.
• Basic knowledge of AC and DC circuits and troubleshooting.
• Inspecting instrument wiring, power, and grounding of installation.
• Control Panel wiring and terminations.
• Basic knowledge of loop checks and commissioning procedures.
• Proficient with MS Office suite
• Process control instrumentation and equipment startup.
• Replacing/installing instrumentation and equipment.
• Setting up instruments with Hart 475 or Trex field communicator.
• Familiarity with TCP/IP, networking fundamentals, Modbus, RS232/485, and Hart communications.
• Knowledge of PLC and RTU systems and trouble shooting.
• Meeting project team commitments and deadlines.
• Current driver’s license
• Ability to write PLC code in ladder logic using Allen Brandley PLC Studio 5000/ RS Logix 500 software.
• Ability to develop HMI displays For Allen Brandley and Redlion HMIs
• Ability to understand, write and interpret P&ID, cause and effect, control narrative documentation.
• Experience with ABB Total Flows and Fisher ROC.
• Experience with VFD setup, configuration, and wiring.
• Familiar with calibrating measurement instrumentation.
• Experience managing customer projects and working independently.
Basic required experience:
• 2-4 years in the electrical and instrumentation field.
• 2 Year technical degree in electrical, instrumentation or automation discipline.
• 2 Year Technical Degree or Certification in electrical, instrumentation or automation discipline.
• 2+ years of experience in the industrial automation, instrumentation, or controls field.
• Familiarity with various forms of instrumentation/automation in Oil & Gas.
• 401(k) matching
• Employee discount
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Paid time off.
• Tuition reimbursement
• 10 hour shift
• 12 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
• North Dakota: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
Work Location: On location
Location: Minot, ND
Application Method: email resume to [email protected]
Base Pay: $35/hr + $80/day per diem
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903