Employer: Silver Creek Contracting LLC
The Mechanic/ Lube/ Oiler employee conducts routine general maintenance on all sizes of construction equipment such as, but not limited to excavators, dozers, graders, loaders, semi-trucks, dump trucks, skid steers, compactors, and a variety of specialized concrete equipment. This employee will be working in remote locations and has minimal supervision.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Works with minimal supervision daily
• Conducts daily general maintenance on all types of construction equipment such as excavators, loaders, grades, trucks, compactors, and a variety of small engines, etc.
• Uses a variety of tools to conduct daily tasks
• Communicates regularly with Transportation Supervisor and Construction Superintendents
• Works outdoors daily in all types of weather conditions
• Drives to different job sites daily or as needed
• Changes fluids, lubes, repairs safety issues
• Assists with larger more complex repairs of motors, hydraulic cylinders, brakes, electrical systems, lights, tires, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 1 year of combined hands on mechanical experience
• Haz Mat Cert Preferred but not required
• CDL preferred or the ability to obtain a CDL preferred
• Basic understanding of construction operations
• Must be able to drive safely in a variety of vehicles such as pickup trucks, 1-ton service trucks
As an equal opportunity employer Silver Creek Contracting will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Silver Creek Contracting also enforces a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy.
Employee Benefits: Silver Creek Contracting offers a competitive benefits package that consists of employer paid Medical/Vision for employees and a matching 401K Program. Employees also have the option of enrolling in Dental Coverage as well as AFLAC.
Location: Umatilla, OR
Application Method: Company Website: https://silvercreekcontracting.com/general-job-application/
Base Pay: $18 - $35 /HR DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903