Employer: Silver Creek Contracting LLC
Truck Driver Job Description
Salary: $18 to $35 DOE
The CDL Truck Driver is highly skilled employee who will operate semi-truck / trailer combo’s, belly dumps, low boy, dump truck, water trucks, vac truck, and septic pump trucks. The jobs are mostly local driving and are all part of the construction trade. A lot of dirt and aggregate material hauling, as well as moving equipment from job site to job site.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Safely and legally drive all forms of commercially licensed vehicles following all DOT Motor Carrier rules and regulations
• Complete pre-trip & post-trip inspections, record all deficiencies or safety issues
• Conduct routine minor repairs to lights, brake adjustments, etc. as needed
• Complete and maintain daily mileage and fuel logs
• Efficiently plan routes
• Routinely monitor weather in order to be prepared for all potential conditions
• Keep all vehicles clean and ready for use such as refueling, tire pressure, trailer beds are clear of debris, septic and vac trucks are completely empty, etc.
• Ensure that loads are secure, legal, and all over weight size permits are obtained if needed
• Follow all traffic laws
• Hauling construction material and equipment to and from job sites, hauling gravel to customers and septic pumping
• Drive dump truck, pup, belly dump and have lowboy experience.
• Early or late hours and/or weekends may be required to fulfill the job responsibilities of this position
• Completes and maintains daily truck log, accurately and completely. This includes fuel and mileage reports, IFTA paperwork and daily logs (Includes DOT logs), and relevant information regarding pick-ups, deliveries, and transfers.
• Accurately manages day to day use and reporting of company provided fuel card.
• Ensures entire vehicle is clean and meets professional standards, such as DOT inspections.
• Works closely with the trucking manager to communicate any relevant information regarding company equipment.
• Conducts daily pre-trip vehicle inspection as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
• Maintains vehicles to ensure safe conditions; includes daily inspections of tires, lights, signals, glass, etc. Vehicle fluids and tire air pressures must be checked and serviced daily.
• Ensures vehicle is ready for next-day business; including fuel fills and pre-loads, whenever possible.
• Learns and understands equipment thoroughly to ensure safe operations.
• Class A CDL
• Tanker endorsement
• Double & Triple endorsement
Understands and complies with DOT Federal Motor Carrier regulations
As an equal opportunity employer Silver Creek Contracting will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Silver Creek Contracting also enforces a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy.
Employee Benefits: Silver Creek Contracting offers a competitive benefits package that consists of employer paid Medical/Vision for employees and a matching 401K Program. Employees also have the option of enrolling in Dental Coverage as well as AFLAC.
Location: Umatilla, OR
Application Method: Company Website: https://silvercreekcontracting.com/general-job-application/
Base Pay: $18 - $35 /HR DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903