Employer: Sound Audiology and Hearing Aids
Medical Billing Specialist at a Fast-Growing and Locally Respected Hearing Care Practice
This isn’t just a “job”. It’s an opportunity to be part of a locally respected and passionate that have built a stellar reputation as the most caring, trustworthy, and experienced audiological groups in the Seattle area.
We’re now seeking somebody that wants to join our “family”, show us the commitment that we’ll show them and be part of shaping our future, as a Billing Specialist.
If you want to know more about who we are and whether our company culture is right for you before further investing your time in this job advert, then please click here https://soundaudiology.org
As you’re continuing to read, you must like what you’ve seen.
The truth is, we’ve developed a very special culture, and we’re absolutely committed to maintaining it. The person that we hire must be a great fit, and we’re prepared to wait until the perfect match comes along.
Although your experience plays a key role in this process, your personality traits and attitude are the number one priority. If this is how your co-workers and friends would describe you, then we may be the ideal match:
· Always happy, smiles a lot, positive attitude, always a pleasure to be around.
· Friendly, warm, an extrovert, a people person – and comes across the very first time you meet someone, even on the telephone.
· Patient, compassionate, helpful especially with older people. Even temperament, calm, always pleasant, unflappable. Has a knack for being able to turn a frown into a smile.
· Committed, dedicated, a great teammate, pitches in without being asked, puts team accomplishments ahead of individual accomplishments.
· Accurate, detailed, gets things right, double checks their own work, makes very few mistakes
· Owns it, accepts responsibility, credits others for successes and accepts responsibility for failures. Always finds a constructive way to solve a problem.
· Coachable, doesn’t get defensive, accepts feedback with a positive attitude. Always looking for ways to grow and improve.
· Reliable, dependable, doesn’t just arrive on time, but often comes in a little early to make sure they’re prepared for the day; willing to stay late when there’s work that needs to be done.
These statements also describe the people you’ll be working alongside, meaning that you’ll quickly discover that this is much more than a group of co-workers, but it feels like a family.
We have spoken about whether you’re the right fit for this role and you’re still reading which indicates that you have the personality traits/attitude that we’re looking for. So, let’s now look at the specific duties of the role.
An associate degree in business / accounting.
Five years’ experience in billing / accounting
Knowledge of business management and basic accounting principles.
Knowledge of credentialing with insurances and/or providers.
Knowledge of medical coding and office procedures.
Knowledge of third-party and insurance company operating procedures, regulations and billing requirements and government reimbursement programs.
Knowledge of working insurance portals, processing electronic payments, and posting to patient accounts.
Gathers and considers patient reimbursement data. Investigates instances of low reimbursement.
Ability to identify low reimbursement and file appeals and grievances.
Distributes coding information to appropriate personnel.
Resolves patient charge problems.
Maintains strict confidentiality of patient health information.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to utilize billing system report-writing software.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, other employees, managers, and the public.
Excellent attention to detail is a must.
Customer Service oriented attitude/behavior as well as a pleasant and poised demeanor and excellent phone etiquette.
Team player with a “can do” attitude.
Able to perform proactively instead of reactively.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Effective problem-solving skills while also being able to use critical thinking in times of need.
Demonstrate the ability to prioritize activities and work independently; while multitasking.
Ability to meet deadlines and have strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to bill clean claims without delays in the revenue cycle.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
credentialing: 2 years (Required)
ICD-10: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
Location: Kennewick, WA
Application Method: Apply on Indeed https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=&l=Benton+County%2C+WA&radius=35&fromage=1&start=80&pp=gQB4AAABhy2mIPcAAAAB_sJ1AQBPAQEBGgmSOcdounObvdOSJzoYBWqSoaCZLR8XqH3tHke19J21yDB_QHfpP-cNLG8CeykA1UGVS7C2-8wV709cMJWU92e5tdTNsJg6L-voCAAA&vjk=7b38f7e9ff7ece8c
Base Pay: $22.00 - $26.00/hr
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903