Employer: Hanford Mission Integration
Job Duties/Scope Of Work
The position is responsible for user desk side software and desktop support, when service request cannot be done remotely by the Mission Service Desk. Field Support Specialists go to locations on the Hanford Site to diagnose and resolve software issues with Desktop, Laptop, and Virtual Desktops. Resolutions can include reconfigurations, reimaging of Operating Systems, and running diagnostic tools. This position also helps in the initial deployment of new laptops to users and provides telephone support to the Help Desk for overflow of Tier 1 calls during peak hours. Requests that require repair or replacement of any computer hardware are transferred to the Field Support Services group.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist users with desktop issues: software issues that need advanced support, advanced diagnostics, or specialized configuration.
- Reimage various Hanford devices.
- Maintain and operate the Hanford knowledge management tools.
- Maintain and operate remote assistance tools.
- Communicate IT services and solutions clearly and effectively to internal and external customers as required.
- Perform work safely and in compliance with environmental obligations using the core functions and elements of the Integrated Safety Management System and Environmental Management System.
- AA/AS degree, plus 2 years of Information Technology related customer service and/or computer technical support experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have valid driver's license. Candidate needs to drive up to 1/3 of the time of working.
- Strong experience working with incident and ticketing systems (Enterprise Service Platform).
- Ability to remain calm during tense situations when working with users in the field.
- Fundamental experience and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills and effective in prioritizing tasks in high-pressure situations.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operation of enterprise computing services.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with employees and customers.
- Possess strong attention to detail in a highly technical environment.
- Possess a strong working and user knowledge of: Windows Operating Systems (Windows 10/11), Microsoft Office, Internet Browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox), Anti-malware products (Cortex XDR), Adobe Acrobat, Typical business and network products.
- Proficient experience in a hosted VMWare Virtual Desktop environment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Experience with knowledge management toolsets to provide information to end users and technical staff.
- Familiarity with desktop environment including working and/or user knowledge of Windows Operating System (OS), Microsoft Office 365 Suite (notably Outlook, Word, Excel), Microsoft Teams, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, IOS (iPhone Operating System), Android OS, VM Ware Horizon client, and Video Teleconferencing endpoints and call set-up is strongly preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Hourly Rate: $27.383 - $34.432
HMIS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, short-and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, and paid time off. For a full list of benefits please visit our benefits website: https://hmis.hanford.gov/hr/page.cfm/employeebenefits
The pay rate range listed represents the full range of pay/hr that may be offered, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
HMIS is an EEOE/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Apply online https://bms.hanford.gov/hrisjp/JobDetail.aspx?BU=HMC&ID=37693&PT=E
Base Pay: $27.38 - $34.43/hr
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903