Shermco is North America’s largest and fastest-growing electrical testing organization accredited by the InterNational Electrical Testing Association. Trusted since 1974, Shermco has you covered when it comes to electrical testing, maintenance, and industry requirements. Shermco brings a comprehensive understanding of international electrical power standards and industry requirements combined with decades of customer experience. With more than 700 skilled engineers and technicians, Shermco meets every need for reliable electrical power solutions. From engineering solutions to in-shop motor repair, your trusted partner for electrical testing services is a resource for anything you need in the electrical power system. That’s why we say… if it’s in the electrical power system, Shermco does it.
Our goal is simple: make our clients safer and more reliable, providing data, insights, and solutions to extend the life of their critical infrastructure.
Shermco is looking for a talented graduating student to join our team as a I&E Technician. At Shermco we hire individuals who value safety in their work, operate with integrity, prioritize our client’s needs, excel operating within a team and bring ingenuity in all they do.
Shermco Systems Integration (SSI) is an industry leading electrical engineering and systems integration division. We offer the opportunity to develop and utilize a broad engineering skill set at an accelerate pace. Shermco is an ideal fit for motivated electrical technicians that want to continuously learn and solve complex problems. Our electrical technicians work in a dynamic environment where there are no limits on personal or professional growth. Our electrical technicians are trained in house in electrical power and controls design to allow for employee development and maximum workforce flexibility.
Role and Responsibilities
• Work as an Electrical Technician supporting engineered electrical and system controls
• Support technician work in an industrial environment
• Support troubleshooting electrical power and control systems
• Support perform control system loop checks
• PLC knowledge
• SCADA knowledge
• Experience with low and medium voltage controls
• Willingness to be hands-on and work in the field alongside our engineers and field technicians
• Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in English via verbal and written methods and be comfortable and effective doing so directly to clients and co-workers
• Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick Time
• Comprehensive health insurance benefits and eligible on the first of the month following your date of hire. (Premium as low as $7 per week premium for Employee only with Employer HSA contributions)
• Company paid Life, Long Term Disability and AD&D Insurance
• 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Medical Insurance
• Paid Overtime
$25 - $30 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer | Drug-Free Workplace
Shermco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Shermco is a drug-free workplace.
Contact Person: Jac Kelley
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $29 /HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903