Employer: Columbia/Okura LLC
Summary: Responsible for the design and layout of control panels and electrical systems used in robotic palletizing systems (and associated automated equipment).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Layout and configure industrial electrical system drawings for automated machinery using AutoCAD. Create and maintain electrical wiring diagrams, system I/O layouts, and control panel layout drawings. Perform calculations for component sizing. Maintain master drawings. (40%)
2. Generate Bills of Materials and documentation for system production and installation. Source replacement components for obsolete items. (40%)
3. Ensure product quality and verify that equipment meets current safety standards (10%)
4. Support the Sales Department by answering technical questions, quotation of custom options, confirming system and component capabilities. (5%)
5. Assist with continuous improvement and R&D projects. Sourcing new components. (5%)
6. Communication with members of Controls Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Panel Assembly, Manufacturing and other individuals in various departments, as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (cont.):
Constant (over 66%)
• Independence of Action
(Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager, incumbent follows precedents and procedures, and may set priorities and organizes work with general guidelines established by supervisor/manage).
• Decision Making
(Decisions may affect work unit or area within a department. May contribute to business or operational decision that affect the department).
• Problem Solving
(Problems are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, and general precedents and practices.).
Supervisory Responsibilities - None
Non-Essential Job Functions
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, skills and/or abilities:
b. ERP Software (Infor M3/MS Dynamics)
c. Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
d. Adobe Acrobat/Foxit PDF Software
a. Electrical design best practices - NEC and UL508A compliance
b. Automation Components - usage, selection, compatibility
c. Safety Components - usage, selection, compatibility
Equipment - Theory of Operation
a. Palletizing and material handling equipment
a. Written, Oral and Electronic (interpersonal) Communication
b. Industrial Electrical Blueprint reading
d. Project/Process Management
a. Ability to provide a respectful work environment for others
b. Ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required
• Trade School, Associate’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree desired
• 3-5 years related professional experience
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
Constant (over 66%)
Talking, Standing, Walking,
Physical Demands (cont.)
Bending, Stooping, Climbing Stairs, Kneeling, Squatting, Crouching
Carrying up to 10 to 50 pounds
Lifting up to 10 to 50 pounds (*)
*Never exceeding our company manual lifting policy and corresponding SOPs.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
• Office: Employees are protected from weather conditions or contaminants, but not necessarily occasional temperature changes.
Required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE): Safety glasses, hearing protection as required. Other PPE as required by specific operation performed.
Contact Person: Dean Ehnes
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $52,000 - $75,000, depending on experience
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903