Employer: Precision Cutting Technologies
Job Title: CNC Machinist Department: Mill/Lathe
Reports To: Production Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The CNC machinist operates computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts. The CNC machinist loads parts in the machine, cycles machine and detects malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. The position runs production lots, communicates with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment.
KEY or ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions
• Sets-up mills and lathes
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Performs all assigned machine shop operations.
• Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
• Regularly performs milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing and sanding tasks.
• Completes and maintains paperwork for parts.
• Assists in other work areas to perform fabrication
1. High school diploma or graduation from a certified technical school.
2. Minimum one year of related experience.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The position requires frequent lifting, pushing and pulling objects that are up to 50 pounds.
For an employee to succeed in this position they will need to be able to do simple mathematic equations, adapt to changing schedules, and contribute to problem solving when needed.
At Precision Cutting Technologies we maintain a drug-free workplace with a commitment to safety and job satisfaction. We encourage our employees to bring forward ideas that will help us continue to deliver on this promise. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Phone: (509) 922-8755
Email: [email protected]
Location: Liberty Lake, WA
Application Method: Application: https://www.pctmfg.com/employment
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903