Employer: Precision Cutting Technologies
Job Title: Waterjet Operator Department: Waterjet
Reports To: Production Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: As the Waterjet Operator you are responsible for the set up and operation of the machine to make product assigned to you by the Production Manager.
KEY or ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Lifting material and placing it on the waterjet using Forklift.
• Waterjet operation
• Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, indicators and scales.
• Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
• Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of productions. Reports all machine malfunctions to Management.
• Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
• Communicates all production related items to next shift Water Jet operator or shift supervisors.
• Completes all required safety procedures prior to and during operations.
• May perform other duties as assigned by management.
This position requires a minimum of 1 year of experience and an education the equivalent of a High School Diploma. Ability to distinguish material types including aluminum, steel, stainless steel, copper, and brass required.
Duties of this position will require regular use of these types of machinery and equipment:
In order to meet all expectations of this position you will need to be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance, stand for long periods of time, and withstand short periods of exposure to the elements.
For an employee to succeed in this position they will need to be able to do simple mathematic equations, adapt to changing schedules, and contribute to problem solving when needed.
At Precision Cutting Technologies we maintain a drug-free workplace with a commitment to safety and job satisfaction. We encourage our employees to bring forward ideas that will help us continue to deliver on this promise. Employee will be exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at a level sufficient to cause hearing loss or fatigue.
Phone: (509) 922-8755
Location: Liberty Lake, WA
Application Method: Application: https://www.pctmfg.com/employment
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903