Employer: Catalent Pharma Solutions
Catalent Pharma Solutions in Chelsea, MA is hiring a Senior Calibration Technician. The Senior Calibration Technician installs, maintains, tests, repairs, and calibrates a wide range of electrical/mechanical equipment in a Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) environment in accordance with environmental, health, safety, and cGMP guidelines. The Senior Calibration Technician reports directly to the Calibration Supervisor, Manager or Facilities Director.
This is a full-time position: Monday - Friday, 6:00am – 2:30pm (1st Shift)
(Note: Hours/days may fluctuate to meet business need)
Catalent is a global, high-growth, public company, and a leading partner for the pharmaceutical industry in the development and manufacturing of new treatments for patients worldwide. Your talents, ideas, and passion are essential to our mission: to help people live better, healthier lives.
This 90,000 square-foot Boston-area facility is Catalent’s global Center of Excellence for spray dry dispersion and Dry Powder Inhaler (DPI) capsule manufacture and packaging. The site features inhaled powder spray drying, as well as multiple commercial-scale lines for capsule filling and blister packaging. On-site spray dryers include best-in-class GEA Niro SD1, SD4 and SD7, the latter being the largest CGMP unit of its kind for DPI in North America.
Catalent is committed to a Patient First culture through excellence in quality and compliance, and to the safety of every patient, consumer, and Catalent employee.
• Coordinates and/or executes calibration for systems and equipment used by functions within the operations group. This may include RPM/Timers, Pressure/Vacuum, Differential Pressure, Tank Level, Temperature/Humidity Transmitters, Scales/Balances/Load Tests, and other environmental and safety systems.
• Expert knowledge and application of instruments, equipment, and loop calibrations of various manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory environments.
• Monitors and maintains calibration of instruments and equipment. Exceptional Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Skills.
• Coordinate and manage daily workload without direction from manager. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with coworkers.
• Performs a variety of technical service/support duties to plant operations.
• Must be able to explain calibration issues and processes to end users when needed.
• Performs routine and unscheduled calibrations of various systems and instrumentation located throughout the facility.
• Document’s and performs all work in accordance with company policies and standard operating procedures.
• Provides input into reviews and revisions of Metrology SOP’s.
• Performs other related duties assigned by management.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Associate’s Degree in a science-related or electronic technical training or equivalent is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience in electronics or as a calibration technician is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Prior experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry preferred.
• Calibration Software system experience preferred.
• Experience with Blue Mountain Ram Computer Controlled Calibration Software (CCCS) is preferred but not required.
• PMEL (Precision Measuring Equipment Laboratory) experience is preferred.
• Familiarity with general lab instrumentation and procedures is preferred.
• Mathematical skills including the ability to perform frequent calculations.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Knowledge of test equipment and capabilities such as tolerance requirements and 4:1 TAR preferred.
• Applied and working knowledge of FDA; GLP; compliance and NIST traceability preferred.
• Train, guide and assist all Metrology Technicians as needed.
• Attend weekly production coordination meeting when needed.
• Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Must be familiar with calibration software preferred.
• Working knowledge of SCADA systems such as FactoryTalk or DeltaV preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time and adjust priorities as necessary.
• Ability to manage both day-to-day operations as well as project work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment.
• Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 pounds.
Why you should join Catalent:
• Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
• Diverse, inclusive culture
• Potential for career growth on an expanding team within an organization dedicated to preserving and bettering lives
• 152 hours of paid time off annually + 8 paid holidays
• Competitive salary with yearly bonus potential
• Community engagement and green initiatives
• 401K with generous match
• Medical, dental and vision benefits effective day one of employment
• Tuition reimbursement
• On-site fitness center and wellness programs
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
Contact Person: Joshua Faria
Email: [email protected]
Location: Chelsea, MA
Application Method: Online
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903