SCADA OT ICA Technician – The Villages, FL
Location: The Villages, FL
Job ID: BIP00008Z
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We’re looking for a SCADA OT (Operational Technology) ICA (Instrumentation Controls Automation) Technician to join our team at The Villages, FL to execute exciting and challenging projects throughout our project. Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills, and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together. The work includes planning, design, implementation, programming, configuration, startup, and testing of Industrial Control Systems (ICS), related SCADA IT/ OT components, and process applications supporting our water and wastewater client.
The successful candidate will work alongside project teams and with the assistance of local senior engineers to perform the following tasks:
• Provide design, installation, configuration, and operations support for Operation Technology (OT) SCADA network infrastructure.
• Provide design, installation, configuration, and operations support for Industrial Control Systems (ICS) infrastructure like PLCs and HMIs.
• Utilize PLC control systems, SCADA systems, and Human Machine Interface (HMI) software to effectively design and implement instrumentation and control systems for large water/wastewater and industrial programs and projects.
• Support, setup, analyze, and maintain ICS applications including event logging, domain controllers, network behavior anomaly detection systems, Operational Technology (OT) networks, hyperconverged and traditional servers, and anti-virus software.
• Select and troubleshoot field process instruments.
• Performs day-to-day operations, tasks, and issue resolution to maintain ICS/ SCADA/ OT infrastructure up time in a complex environment.
• Performs SCADA network maintenance and upgrades; maintains documentation of the SCADA network. Monitors and resolves infrastructure performance, application connectivity, and security related issues utilizing specialized network diagnostic equipment and software.
• Performs Industrial Control Systems (ICS) needs assessments and design support functions.
• Participates in researching, testing, recommending, and implementing new SCADA networking and SCADA technologies.
• Supports SCADA network hardware, radio communication, and software products including: Nutanix, Dell, HP, Fortinet, Cisco, Allen Bradley, VSCADA, AVEVA Citect, Microsoft Windows, VMWare, Veeam, SolarWinds, and other software related to ICS systems.
• Develops and updates support procedures related to network, radio communications, video, and security infrastructure.
• Write control system descriptions, perform startup and commissioning activities.
• Remains current with all related industry standards, trends and certifications
• Assists in the preparation of labor and materials estimates, reviews bids, and assists in overseeing contracted services.
• Assists in training the operations and maintenance staff in proper use and care of network servers, switches, routers, firewalls, radios, UPSs, and related software, and associated safety concerns
• Conduct site visits and testing and make recommendations for control systems improvements and designs.
• Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with multiple deadlines.
• Drive ownership of health & safety in all aspects of project execution.
• Partners with and supports all Water Treatment, Wastewater, and Maintenance teams, and other staff to evaluate system needs and provide innovative solutions with a positive attitude. Invested in ensuring wider Utilities team success.
Bring your team-focus, adaptability, and commitment to excellence, and we’ll help you grow what drives you – and deliver the world’s most challenging Operations Management & Facilities Services (OMFS) projects, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Two years of experience with PLC control systems, HMI graphics, SCADA systems, and SCADA networks.
• Experience with industrial PLC programming and hardware implementation (Ideally: Allen Bradley).
• Experience with industrial HMI programming and implementation (Ideally: VTSCADA, AVEVA Citect).
• Experience with field commissioning control systems, including troubleshooting and problem-solving live operating systems.
• Experience with IT or OT networking and virtual machine (VM) implementation.
• Valid driver's license with no major infractions
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Advanced degree or Certification in Industrial Control Systems or SCADA network infrastructure.
• Bachelor's degree in Instrumentation, Electrical, Computer, or Chemical Engineering or a related engineering field.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Location: The Villages, FL
Application Method: https://careers.jacobs.com/job/17827050/scada-ot-ica-technician-the-villages-fl-the-villages-fl/
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903