Job Duties/Scope Of Work
* Develop, implement, and support an architectural roadmap and organizational strategy to align business and IT/OT, and security requirements.
* Analyze and design viable secure, technical solutions to high complexity business problems.
* Identify and research relevant technologies and provide recommendations.
* Plan, research, and design robust security architecture, standards, systems, and authentication protocols for any IT project.
* Evaluate security architectures and designs to determine the adequacy of security design and architecture proposed or provided in response to requirements.
* Author security standards and procedures.
* Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in security architecture and drive the integration of new security products and methodology into all aspects of systems and product development.
* Work closely with related systems and technology teams to ensure that all enterprise projects are in full compliance with all relevant security controls and best-practice principles.
* Evaluate potential vendors and implement safeguards against external threats.
* Document and address organization's information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements throughout the acquisition life cycle.
* Act as a mentor for junior engineers providing guidance and leadership to help shape the future of cyber security.
* Operational understanding of IPV6 and compatible routing protocols.
* Bachelor's degree plus 10 years of relevant experience - or - an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Relevant experience would include roles in cybersecurity and Information Technology.
This position may entail that the selected candidate work (telecommute) remotely, within a commutable distance and in accordance with HMIS procedural requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in cybersecurity, information technology, computer science/engineering or other related technical field.
* Certifications - CISSP, CISA, etc.
* Knowledge of Zero Trust principles.
* Expertise in secure cloud computing (AWS, Azure).
* Experience implementing solutions in a DevSecOps environment, familiarity with secure CI/CD pipelines and design review.
* Expertise in relevant security controls and frameworks (NIST, HIPAA, ISO, etc.).
* Previous experience or knowledge of highly regulated environments such as government, financial, or medical industries is strongly desired.
* Experience in Red Hat System Administration.
* Strong understanding of Splunk architecture and operation.
Compensation & Benefits
Grade 20: $122,813 - 154,838
Grade 21: $135,188 - 170,463
HMIS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, short-and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, and paid time off. For a full list of benefits please visit our benefits website: https://hmis.hanford.gov/hr/page.cfm/employeebenefits
In accordance with the HMIS salary determination process, offers will be made by taking into consideration the level of assigned job duties, responsibilities, and the candidate's qualifications relative to internal peers and the external labor market. A candidate's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions. The salary range listed represents the full range of salary that may be offered.
HMIS is an EEOE/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Relocation Funding Provided No
U.S. Citizenship Required Yes
Clearance Required No
Job Classification Exempt
Shift Work Required No
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online: https://bms.hanford.gov/hrisjp/JobDetail.aspx?BU=HMC&ID=36871&PT=E
Base Pay: $122,813 -$170,463 /YR DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903