Job Duties/Scope Of Work
Cyber Security Analysts will assist in the development and implementation of the Hanford cyber security program to secure components, networks, and systems for the achievement of the Department of Energy (DOE) Mission, and to comply with DOE cyber security requirements for the Risk Management Framework. As part of the Hanford Mission Integration Solutions (HMIS) cyber security team, they will provide guidance and direction to other Hanford Contractors and subcontractors in fulfilling the HMIS role as site integrator.
* Assists with the performance of architecture and analysis activities in a cyber security role, supporting oversight of information technology (IT) and industrial control systems / operational technology (ICS/OT) throughout the enterprise.
* Applies cyber security requirements as part of the change management process in evaluating new and updates to existing components, networks, and systems through risk analysis.
* Evaluates changing security threats and risks for different environment types and exposures and assists in identifying corrective actions for remediation and / or mitigation. Participates in implementation of the corrective actions, as directed.
* Participates in the Hanford response to cyber security events and incidents and to disaster recovery efforts, including responding to notifications from external sources.
* Participates in the development of system security plans (SSPs) and other cyber security program documents in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) requirements.
* Contributes to development of policies and procedures to implement the DOE cyber security requirements.
* With direction, performs continuous monitoring and surveillance activities to verify compliance with program requirements and to ensure continued security of operations.
* Assists in responding to cyber security audits, assessments, data calls, and investigations.
* May contribute to preparing and presenting technical reports and briefings.
* Performs work in accordance with site policies and procedures.
* Participates in cyber security program strategic planning efforts and program improvement initiatives.
* Performs all work in accordance and compliance with HMIS Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) requirements.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* AA/AS (or 4 years of experience) - or - an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Awareness of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) requirements for operation of federal information systems, specifically the Risk Management Framework.
* General knowledge of cyber security practices for protection and monitoring IT and ICS/OT environments, including cloud-based solutions.
* General proficiency in computer skills utilizing Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office suite of products.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* This position requires the selected candidate be available to work a hybrid work situation (i.e., a combination of onsite and remote work. Remote work is to be performed in accordance with HMIS procedural requirements and within a commutable distance of the Washington tri-cities area (defined as a distance that allows the employee to report to Hanford Medical in Richland, Washington within a two-hour time frame of notification).
* Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" Clearance. Note: reciprocity with the Department of Defense for clearance transfer is available. Any offer of employment is contingent on the applicant passing a background investigation. As part of the investigation, Federal investigators will examine many aspects of the applicant's past including: financial and criminal histories, mental and emotional health, education and travel, drug and alcohol usage, personal and organizational relationships, as well as other aspects of the applicant's background.
* Exhibition of additional proficiency by achievement of IT or security related certifications (e.g., CompTIA Security+, CISSP, Microsoft Security Architect) or other formal architecture and cyber security training.
Compensation & Benefits
Grade 5: $46,250 - 58,350
Grade 6: $50,825 - 64,075
HMIS offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, short-and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, and paid time off. For a full list of benefits please visit our benefits website: https://hmis.hanford.gov/hr/page.cfm/employeebenefits
In accordance with the HMIS salary determination process, offers will be made by taking into consideration the level of assigned job duties, responsibilities, and the candidate's qualifications relative to internal peers and the external labor market. A candidate's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions. The salary range listed represents the full range of salary that may be offered.
HMIS is an EEOE/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Relocation Funding Provided No
U.S. Citizenship Required Yes
Clearance Required Yes
Job Classification SNE
Shift Work Required No
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online: https://bms.hanford.gov/hrisjp/JobDetail.aspx?BU=HMC&ID=37448&PT=E
Base Pay: $46,250- $64,075 /YR DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903