Employer: La Oficina
Assist in day-to-day finance operations and he/she is primarily responsible for computing, recording, collecting, analyzing, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records of the financial operations of the organization. Willing to learn, open to challenges, dependable, and conscientious. We are interested in a candidate with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with technology, coordinating other HR processes, and supporting activities as requested.
- Plan organize and coordinate the centralized accounting and financial reporting for assigned grants, including preparing annual and project budgets, forecasting revenue, and estimating carry-over of funds from one year to the next.
- Monitor, analyze, and maintain financial transactions and accounting for a wide variety of projects funded by Federal, state, and local grants/contracts and allocations.
- Reviews and approves journal entries for program managers assigns account codes and monitors charges for reasonableness and compliance with funder policies and procedures.
- Assist in managing revenues received and dispersed including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, audit, and General Ledger reporting.
- Maintain a system of financial accounting, reporting, and record-keeping in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Performs audits and tests HR/Payroll/Benefits/Timekeeping/Tax modules to ensure the dependability of data and performance. Creates, tests; and implements new pay codes; processes; etc. Works in coordination with other departments/companies as they are affected by the changes.
- Research issues prepare invoices/billings and collect funds for the support of restricted fund expenditures.
- preparation of Form W-2, 1099 and 1098-T filings, as well as other federal and state filing requirements.
- Track revenues and expenditures by funding source and/or subcontract. Reconcile grant and program financial statements by fund.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Be able to handle multiple companies concurrently.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements monthly and report any variances to the concerned department heads.
- Participates in special projects; report writing and research.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Review and approve all reconciliation and audit work papers.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Prepare payment confirmations for reimbursable invoices.
- Assists with reimbursable invoicing.
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliation.
- Analyze revenues, commissions, and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately monthly.
- Maintain Vendor’s permanent files and Certificates of Insurance.
- Conducts full-cycle new hire orientation onboarding.
- Process wage garnishments, child support, and other deductions as applicable.
- Process incoming verification of employment and documents requiring personnel history information from various vendors as needed.
- Update and maintain wages and salary history including reoccurring deductions to ensure accurate payroll processing and record keeping.
Maintain contracts for vendors.
- Processing bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist with payroll functions, including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants, and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc. refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Payroll including related payroll tax reporting and filing for all businesses.
- Accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
- Develop and maintain an e-filing system.
- Improve, and advance systems for accuracy and efficiency.
- Accounts Payable – match receiving documents to invoices, enter them in the accounting system and pay bills on time.
- Accounts Receivable – Verify pricing and payment structure of invoices. Enter invoices to the accounting system, receive payments and post to the system, and watch the aging of open accounts to ensure nothing ages past 30 days.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, and employee recognition events.
- Run reports and obtain approvals for payroll transactions.
- Rotating monthly audits of inventories / Enter final inventory totals into a spreadsheet.
- Any other job-related duties as and when assigned by the financial controller.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
PREREQUISITES: Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to compile facts and figures. Command of the English and Spanish languages both written and verbal. Proficiency with MS Office (Excel / Word) and experience with spreadsheets, and creation of spreadsheets and formulas.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of work experience with previous accounting Office experience or experience in grant Finance, Bookkeeping, and or Accounting.
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
Job Type: Part-time
Contact Person: Stephanie Salinas
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: 25.00
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903