Employer: TBailey INC
This position will use hand welding and sub arc welding to weld metal
components, fill holes, indentations and seams fabricated from metal parts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operates safety equipment and uses safe work habits.
• Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions using FCAW.
• Grind and detail material to finished product.
• Monitors the welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping,
shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
• Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify
• Excavates and repairs all weld joints,
• Read blueprints for weld sizes and verify size using a weld gauge.
• Examines work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with
straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Recognizes, sets up, and safely operates hand and power tools common to
the welding trade, such as FCAW and GMAW welding equipment.
• Welds are tested using UT, RT, PT and MT depending on job specifications.
• Cleans work area throughout the day to maintain orderly worksite.
• Attends organizational training as requested to enhance job skills.
• Attends weekly safety meetings.
• Performs other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Safe operations of various welding equipment and techniques.
Skill and ability to:
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and constructive relationships
with coworkers and customers.
• Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
• Maintain high standards for safe, accurate work despite various deadlines
• Ability to obtain necessary certifications
Developed: August 2019 Page 2
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent and technical schooling in welding
• Experience working in the welding profession for a minimum of One (1) to
Three (3) years of experience.
• Combination of education and experience that qualifies the candidate for the
WORKING CONDITIONS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Work is performed in a shop/warehouse setting with exposure to outside
elements. Incumbent must be able to safely operate hand and power tools
common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc
welding equipment. Occasional local travel to other worksites may be needed.
Flexibility of work hours to complete projects as needed.
GENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 60 pounds and ability to move
throughout the warehouse including climbing stairs and ladders. Physical ability
to hold welding equipment at various angles (including overhead) to perform
duties. Safe operation of the equipment requires accurate hearing and vision.
Incumbent required to utilize a variety of welding-related equipment.
Location: Anacortes, WA
Application Method: Apply online https://tbailey.applicantpro.com/jobs/2724501.html
Base Pay: $21.00 - $26.50 starting wage range
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903