Employer: Jesse Engineering
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
• Production Manager
• Shop Foreman
Primary Purpose of this Position:
Weld steel parts for structural, plate, and misc. steel assemblies per shop drawings and DWS quality requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
• Weld together structural, plate or miscellaneous steel fabrication according to the weld symbols, weld procedures, dimensions shown on the shop drawings, and AISC code requirements.
• Preheat and/or cut work pieces using a hand torch when required. Clean welds of excess weld, splatter or slag using chipping hammers, wire brushes or grinders.
• Operate forklifts, jib cranes, and overhead cranes in order to move materials.
• Consistently and reliably works scheduled hours at assigned locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to understand and carry out semi-complicated verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and managers.
• Ability to work under periodic supervision focused on the progress of work and setting priorities for job completion.
• Ability to maintain American Welding Society certification on 1-inch plate in flat position using the gas metal arc welding and flux cored arc welding processes.
• Ability to pass the fillet weld break test using the gas metal arc welding process.
• Ability to pass an administered basic welding test that covers shop drawing interpretation, weld symbols, welding processes, weld process symbol interpretation and application and a visual acuity test.
• Ability to possess pride in own workmanship, demonstrate attention to detail, and work safely.
• Ability to make adjustments to welder to insure proper feed rate and temperature.
• Ability to multitask.
• Walk CONTINUOUSLY over the course of the 8 to 12 hour work shift. The distances walked will range from a distance of a few feet to 60-foot length of a steel beam.
• Lift weights up to 20 pounds from floor to chest CONTINUOUSLY, which includes the various tools utilized in the process of performing the usual work duties.
• Lift weights up to 35 pounds from floor to waist FREQUENTLY, during the 10 to 12 during the work shift.
Non-Material Handling Demands
• Employee is expected to work 40 hours a week. However, hours including over time and weekends may be required based on welding needs.
• Hear sufficiently to be aware of safety issues.
• Visual ability to read and interpret cut lists and shop drawings. Safety glasses are required in the shop area.
• Exposure to heat, cold, wet and humid conditions in the shop area OCCASIONALLY.
• Exposure to fumes, odors and dusts in the shop area OCCASIONALLY.
• Exposure to solvents, greases, oils, and coolants OCCASIONALLY.
• Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment. PPE includes steel-toe safety shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, gloves, and hard hats.
Square, Tape Measure, Weld Lead, 4 inch grinder, 9 inch grinder, Ball Peen Hammer ,Sledge Hammer, Hand Torch, Wire Brushes, Chipping Hammers, Clamps, Stamping Taps, and Chains.
Welder, Overhead Crane, Jib Crane, Pallets, Saw Horses, and Forklifts.
Experience and Education Required:
• High School degree or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2-3 Years of experience working as a welder for a steel fabricator or manufacturer, or a one-year degree or certificate in welding technology from a qualified trade school or college.
Location: Tacoma, WA
Application Method: Apply online https://jesseengineering.applicantpro.com/jobs/2719763.html
Base Pay: $22.00 - $30.00/hr
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903