Employer: Central Washington University
Central Washington University is recruiting an IT Customer Support - Entry to join our Computer Support Services/Service Desk and Security team in Ellensburg, Washington. This role is an important member of our team as they provide vital technology support role for the University. The role is a campus-based position, which means you get to see the lives you are impacting. We're offering a salary, depending on experience, $57,096 - $74,928 annually plus the awesome CWU benefits.
Who we are:
We are a team of individuals committed to Changing Students' Lives. No matter what job, each of us plays a part in supporting and empowering our students to fulfill their dreams.
Working in higher education provides career growth and career choice. Think of a university campus like a mini city, operating across 380 acres. You’ll find diverse academics, libraries, athletics and sporting events, full service and quick serve dining, conferences and events from small to large, recreation centers, housing for ~10,000 students, health services, police and public safety.
For the seventh time in eight years, CWU is a recipient of the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. Come join us on our journey to encourage, inspire, and create spaces where all identities thrive on campus.
The Customer Support Services/Service Desk team Provide tier 1 level technology support to CWU Students, Faculty and Staff. This position will engage with students to address and resolve multi-factor authentication issues, CWU Wildcats Wi-Fi access, MyCWU (student database) access and the campus printing system (WEPA). This position will interface and act as a liaison to the CWU Student Tech Fee Council. The Council is made up of students and Faculty members who make decisions about technology projects for CWU students. The position will also supervise 10-15 Student Lab Assistants who monitor approximately 20 open student labs on the Ellensburg campus.
What we offer:
Our investment in you begins the day you join our team, a healthy and successful future for you is important to us. We offer medical, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, tuition assistance for you and your dependents, discounts across town, an employee assistance program for individualized counseling, and a wellness incentive program. Learn more: www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-perks-discounts.
The Service Desk Agent tracks all incoming Service Desk requests received by email, telephone, and in person to ensure the appropriate assistance is received in a timely manner and effective resolutions of end user issues are achieved. Provides first tier (basic) support to all customers with technical issues and provides immediate resolution of student related incidents when possible. The position will also hire, and schedule Student Assistants for Student Tech Fee (STF) supported student labs, process payroll for student employees, and assist with training and supervision of Student Assistants. Position will also act as an advocate for Student Tech Fee Council (STFC) and attend all STFC meetings and be responsible for training new STFC members and providing historical data/perspective regarding previous Student Tech Fee projects. Position will spend 50% time supporting Student Tech Fee responsibilities and 50% time supporting student technology issues, i.e., MFA, WEPA printer support, Microsoft 365 access and loaner technology equipment checkout for students. All employees are expected to support CWU’s commitment to diversity and to bring and support inclusion into the university environment.
- Utilize IT service management platform (TeamDynamix) to track student multi-factor authentication (MFA) support requests.
- Use ITIL principles to adhere to incident management and service request processes/procedures to create, review, categorize, and prioritize tickets.
- Serve as a customer service point of contact for the Information Services and Security (ISS) division, primarily focused on supporting student MFA and technology issues impacting students.
- Use deductive reasoning to escalate incidents to the appropriate tier two resource.
- Monitor general Service Desk email and voicemail queue for incoming student related incidents, as it relates to MFA.
- Use knowledge of institutional information technology infrastructure, hardware, and applications to triage and escalate tier two/three issues to appropriate areas of expertise within the ISS division.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and questions related to software systems (Microsoft operating system and Mac operating system).
- Provide first and second tier support for cloud hosted Microsoft Office (O365) applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.
- Troubleshoot and use diagnostic tools to identify and resolve common IT hardware, WEPA printing, and CWU student Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
- Support other critical applications utilized institution wide including the Peoplesoft portal, Zoom, VPN connections, and various academic software solutions (Canvas, Panopto, Kaltura).
- Escalate calls to field technicians or tier three (expert) support as needed.
- Serves as an advocate for the Student Tech Fee Council (STFC), will attend all STFC meetings.
- Responsible for training new STFC members and providing historical data/perspective on previous Student Tech Fee projects.
- Present Student Tech Fee funding requests during STFC meetings.
- Document and post STFC meeting notes to CWU STFC website.
- Hiring, training, and scheduling of student employees (10-15) that are used to open, close, patrol and maintain Student Tech Fee labs.
- Field usage requests, coordinating lab schedules again 25Live for teaching use and other usage.
- Monitor the state of STF labs through student assistant reports, LabStats analysis and onsite evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
2+ years’ Experience as a service desk technician or other customer support role, OR Associates degree with a minimum of 64 credit hours in associated field
Experience using W10 or web based remote support tools
1+ years’ experience supervising employees
Experience using MS Office software at a high functional level
Strong customer service background with demonstrated ability to multitask
Demonstrated willingness and/or experience working with students and/or co-workers from a wide range of abilities, backgrounds, and experiences
OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
Experience working in an academic support environment
Experience with multi-factor authentication applications, i.e. Azure MFA, Duo, or other related MFA applications
Experience working collaboratively as part of team
Experience using Team Dynamix or similar ticketing system
ITIL v.3 Certification
Demonstrated participation in programs designed to promote inclusion
Demonstrated ability and/or experience working with students and/or co-workers from a wide range of abilities, backgrounds and experiences
Ability to incorporate multicultural perspectives and issues into everyday conversations
Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At CWU we’re dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway. This may be the job for you!
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $4,758 /month with periodic increases up to $6,244 /month
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch)
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer workstation for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-perks-discounts.
An employee of CWU may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program if the employee has student loans. To learn more, visit: https://ofm.wa.gov/state-human-resources/public-service-loan-forgiveness-program.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
Resume including work history, education, training; and
Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: January 2, 2022
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Stacy Swayze
Title: Director, Customer Experience and Computer Support Services
Phone: (509) 963-1572
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to sign a Sexual Misconduct disclosure in pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080 and submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
Contact Person: Stacy Swayze
Location: Ellensburg, WA
Application Method: Apply online https://careers.cwu.edu/psc/careers/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U&_gl=1*mfwe6a*_ga*MTc2NTUzOTc0NC4xNjcwMjU5OTc1*_ga_CSD773BXC1*MTY3MjE3Mjc2NS4zLjAuMTY3MjE3Mjc2NS4wLjAuMA..&
Base Pay: $4,758/month with periodic increases up to $6,244/month
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903