Employer: People For People
The Finance Specialist Assistant, under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and the Senior
Finance Specialist is responsible for supporting and assisting the finance department. Ensures
these functions are carried out accurately and timely. Positive interactions are critical to the
success of the position.
Essential Function and Duties:
• Process invoices for payment to meet accounting standards, assuring proper account
codes and appropriate approvals.
• Records invoices in accounting software.
• Pay vendors on schedule that benefits our cash flow and satisfies vendor due dates.
• File invoices in proper vendor files.
JD Finance Specialist Assistant (Full-Time)
• Assist with monthly billings.
• File billings in proper location.
• Assist with processing client payroll.
• Assist with tracking and reporting contracts/grants.
• Assist with internal and external audits.
• Assist Finance department employees as directed.
• Assures positive work environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications KSAOs (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics)
• Knowledge of and experience with accounts payable, payroll, and Excel spreadsheets.
• Knowledge of and experience with computer systems and personal computers.
• Knowledge of and experience with data entry and 10 key applications.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Skilled at detail-oriented work.
• Ability to work in a team environment and be an active team player.
• Ability to work efficiently and responsibly in an environment with multiple work
demands and short time frames.
• Ability to interact effectively with staff, managers, administrations, and the public.
• Ability to work and act independently within the constraints of the mission and
values of People for People.
• Ability to plan, schedule and execute assigned tasks.
• Ability to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to work quietly in a busy office.
• Ability to maintain high confidentiality of personnel, client, and agency business.
• Ability to be dependable, punctual, and reliable. Regular attendance is essential
to ensure efficient and effective performance of job duties.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent. Preference will be given to those with higher
• 1 year experience in accounts payable and payroll or accounting/business or
equivalent experience may substitute.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs with emphasis in Excel.
• Employment is contingent upon successfully completing and passing a pre-employment
drug screen, a Washington State criminal history background check and/or National
Background Check, Reference Checks, a Credit History Check and other required
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Duties are performed primarily in an office environment. Sitting, stooping, walking,
standing and light lifting.
• Moderate to heavy computer data entry.
• Physical requirements include the dexterity to reach, stand, climb, squat, twist, finger
keyboards, lift light loads, and the ability to do sedentary work.
• The position is stressful due to deadlines, system problems, and challenging situations with
• Exposures include CRT’s, paper dust, machine noise, and temperature changes. Some of
the duties are performed in a small/cramped areas requiring good mobility.
Safety Sensitive: This is not a safety sensitive position.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Apply Online https://www.pfp.org/Careers/Jobs.aspx Include cover Letter Resume and a People for People Application
Base Pay: $16.00/HR plus comprehensive benefits package
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903