Employer: Yakama Nation Housing Authority
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment within housing units.
* Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on mechanical ventilation, heating, insulation factors, lighting fixtures, hardware, structural features of housing units, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions. Including working on plumbing and electrical systems.
*performs routine maintenance and repairs to buildings: walls, floors, door jambs, doors, windows, interior wall restoration, flooring, pest control tasks, and grounds maintenance.
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
* Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
* Controls downtime by performing routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
* Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
* Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge, Productivity
Location: Wapato, WA
Application Method: Online - https://seeker.worksourcewa.com/jobview/GetJob.aspx?JobID=251000832&JobTitle=Maintenance+Mechanic&isjs=2&tjt=Heavy+Equipment+Mechanic&tm=7&q=Maintenance+Mechanic&where=Washington&rad=10&nosal=true&sort=rv.di.dt&pp=25&rad_units=miles&setype=2&brd=3%2c1&vw=d&jsrdt=03%2f19%2f2022+19%3a03%3a53&jpt=1
Base Pay: $16 - $21 /HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903