Employer: Columbia Valley Community Health Center
The IT Technical Support Specialist I’s primary job function is to provide user support, problem analysis and resolution, general technical assistance and maintenance of computers for end users. Provides regular system maintenance and upgrades. Position requires regular direction and performance monitoring.
Job Specific Competencies:
1. Responds to in-house users with computer problems as below:
a. Responds to in-house users with computer problems; logging the call, diagnosing the problem, resolving the problem, documenting the problem resolution and providing technical assistance and maintenance support to end users.
2. Provides workstation support for end-users in Windows OS, Microsoft Office and other desktop programs.
3. Will service, repair, configure, upgrade and troubleshoot PC’s, terminals and peripherals, as directed by management.
4. Performs operating and maintenance procedures, as directed by management, including but not limited to system data backups and storage, operating system updates, routine preventive maintenance updates and changes of software and hardware.
5. Assists in maintaining an inventory of equipment including repair records.
6. Performs on-call level one technical support as directed by management.
7. Exemplifies excellent customer relations with employees; shows courtesy, friendliness, helpfulness, and respect.
8. Provides for on-going training, education, and support for system users.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
2. Expected to be prepared to start shift at scheduled time, meet attendance standards, and work the hours necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
3. Conforms to safety policies, general housekeeping practices.
4. Demonstrates sound work ethics, flexible, and shows dedication to the position and the community.
5. Demonstrates a positive attitude, is respectful, and possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity toward clients and co-workers.
6. Keeps customer service and the mission of the organization in mind when interacting with all clients, co-workers, and others.
7. Employees are expected to embrace, support and promote the core values of respect, integrity, trust, compassion and quality which align with the CVCH mission statement through their actions and interactions with all patients, staff, and others.
8. Conforms to CVCH policies and Joint Commission and HIPAA regulations.
1. Education: Associates Degree in Computer Technology, Networking or a related field. Work experience may be substituted for education.
2. Certification/Licensure: A+ certification preferred.
3. Experience: Entry level position. One or more years of technical help desk experience preferred.
4. Language Skills: English required.
5. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Ability to communicate technical information clearly both orally and in writing with people at varying technical levels. Knowledge of computer applications and equipment related to work. Self-directing with strong organizational skills, working effectively in a multi-task environment, prioritizing tasks properly, and completing tasks/projects in a timely manner. Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication skills. Work requires the ability to read technical manuals and information, installation instructions, troubleshooting documents and professional publications.
6. Interpersonal Skills: Excellent customer service skills. Ability to build and work in a collaborative team work environment. Strong interpersonal/ communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relations with peers, patients, other agencies, contracted providers, and the public. Ability to work well independently, learn quickly and adjust work assignments in response to system changes. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible under stressful situations.
7. Essential Physical Requirements: Requires exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally in order to move objects, utilizing safe practices. Frequent stooping, reaching, grasping, and repetitive motions. Requires frequent: standing sitting, walking, and fine hand dexterity. Requires occasional: lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, bending, twisting, crouching, stooping, reaching, grasping, moving, crawling, kneeling, and crouching for maintenance of PC’s and other devices. Must have continuous ability to read forms, computer screens, correspondence and other documents.
8. Essential Mental Abilities: Ability to analyze problems and develop solutions, ability to read and interpret technical materials, and the ability to be organized and attentive to detail.
9. Essential Sensory Requirements: Must have continuous ability to see, hear, feel, and verbally communicate. Ability to read computer keyboard, monitor, and documents; prepare and analyze documents; read extensively; receive and convey detailed information orally, by telephone and in person; convey accurate and detailed instructions by speaking to others in person and by telephone.
10. Exposure to Hazards: May be exposed to electrical shock. Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions on a frequent basis with moderate noise. May be exposed to outside working conditions when traveling to other work sites.
Blood/Fluid Exposure Risk:
1. Tasks involve no greater exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. Category I tasks are not a condition of employment.
Age Specific Competency
Position does not involve patient care. Position will demonstrate general knowledge and skill to effectively communicate and provide safety measures to all life cycles.
1. Required to be on call to solve technological and operational problems outside normal operational hours and days. Required to travel to each site location on a scheduled basis to perform position duties.
• Position NOT eligible for Telecommuting
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Application Method: apply online https://recruiting.ultipro.com/COL1019/JobBoard/b0fa2817-356d-4cf6-6909-73610c1299d7/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=267db2f7-3aa4-4abb-a7fd-9aeeb9d3afa6
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903