Employer: Calumet Specialty Products Partners
Great Falls, MT, USA Req #1251
Thursday, November 24, 2022
Who are we?
At Calumet we deliver innovative specialty products trusted by companies across the globe. We are the foundation to everyday essential products that help millions of people live and thrive. We are headquartered in Indianapolis and have numerous production locations in the US. We are customer focused and utilize our values of collaboration and entrepreneurship to grow the business. We offer a dynamic, high-performance environment where team members can have real input and impact on our business. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, treat the business as if it is your own and add value accordingly, come see why we’re Calumet Proud!
The Instrument Electrical Technician will be part of the Great Falls, Montana maintenance team installing and maintaining electrical, instrumentation and analytical equipment and accessories throughout the refinery. Union shop, (USW) workweek would consist of four-10 hour days.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain and repair electronic and pneumatic instrumentation.
• Possess an advanced knowledge of instrumentation math, units, variables, and dimensions of measurement.
• Demonstrate knowledge of flow, pressure, temperature, level instrumentation, and control power systems.
• Maintain and troubleshoot various types of switches, meters, indicators, temperature sensors, positioners, controllers, control valves, and DCS loops.
• Familiar with ABB (Bailey) or similar DCS controls, analytical monitors for CEM (Continuous Stack Emissions)
• Working knowledge of control valves; MOVs
• Remove and repair; install and calibrate various transmitters and hart communication
• Rebuild and repair Smith flow meter and Accuload controllers
• Working knowledge of electrical high, mid and low voltage as well as VFD Motor Control, Soft Start, etc.
• Use test equipment and perform routine calibrations. Maintain various instrumentation loops
• Demonstrate ability to read and interpret P&IDs, loop drawings, and wiring schematics.
• Plan and coordinate work following appropriate work orders, work permits, and safety instructions.
• Perform work activities in a safe and environmentally sound manner
• Periodic on call required
• Additional duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED
• 4 years in heavy industrial/manufacturing environment performing instrument technician tasks or 2 years heavy manufacturing instrument experience with technical instrument and/or electrical certification
• 5 years in heavy industrial environment performing instrument technician tasks
• 2 year technical degree and/or certified in all types of instrumentation and DCS systems
• Experience in analyzer equipment is a plus
• Knowledge of petrochemical plant environment
• Knowledge of industrial permitting applications (safe work, hot work, etc.)
• Basic computer skills
• Able to work in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstration of Calumet Values – Safety, Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Respect
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer including disability and veteran. All offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Location: Great Falls, MT
Application Method: https://us63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/calumet/Posting/View/4162
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903